Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Well no, Pinkbike said that Rocky combined the Instinct BC with the Altitude. There was no mention of the Instinct going away.
Oh you're right...

It's now called the 'Altitude'!!

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I pre-ordered Instinct 2021. Resellers have the characteristics on their computers. in France the availability of instinct is for February 2021.
150 front and 140 rear travel.
the color blanks are YT blue and black ....

·
Registered
601 Posts
It's already October..
RM revealed all 2021 bikes except the Instinct...
Any reason for that?

Mo

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Heard March delivery for my instinct frame...

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No pics yet, just digital renderings

140r, 150 f
Size MED geos Slack/Neut/Steep
Reach = 456 / 462 / 468
TTH = 609 / 608 / 607
HTA = 65.1 / 65.7 / 66.2
STA= 76.1 / 76.7 / 77.2

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just spoke to my LBS about the 2021, they're ALREADY sold out of every size except for smalls based on pre-orders alone. Full price of the bike paid upfront. They won't release specs, photos, anything, but they're already gone. What the hell?? Are people just blindly buying bikes hoping that they don't end up spending a bunch of money on a bike that gets full SX?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just spoke to my LBS about the 2021, they're ALREADY sold out of every size except for smalls based on pre-orders alone. Full price of the bike paid upfront. They won't release specs, photos, anything, but they're already gone. What the hell?? Are people just blindly buying bikes hoping that they don't end up spending a bunch of money on a bike that gets full SX?
Interesting, that seems crazy if true. Seems even weirder that they aren't releasing any info even though are already taking orders. I'll try to touch base with my local RM dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Interesting, that seems crazy if true. Seems even weirder that they aren't releasing any info even though are already taking orders. I'll try to touch base with my local RM dealer and see what they say.
Local shop told me Rocky is completely sold out for 2021. He said he ordered as many bikes as he could vs prev years where he'd put in an initial order and then as he got a sense of sales for the season would order in more. I suspect a lot of shops have done the same so the bikes will be available, but you might have to search for them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any updates?
Well my phone call to my LBS was pretty much useless. They were well-informed about the new Altitude updates but made it seem like the new Instinct models were not going to see a major update, maybe different colors?!? That doesn't really seem like it makes much sense from what others have said, plus the bike is a few years old. Perhaps the person I spoke with was just not aware of any new updates. Anyway, they did say they're getting 2021 stock starting January apparently so who the heck knows lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own a bike shop that is a Rocky dealer. There are still some new bikes available, but VERY few. I agree that Rocky is not handling this well. Hopefully local dealers can help their customers navigate things. Obviously what has happened is that dealers have already pre-booked at a higher rate than normal.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well my phone call to my LBS was pretty much useless. They were well-informed about the new Altitude updates but made it seem like the new Instinct models were not going to see a major update, maybe different colors?!? That doesn't really seem like it makes much sense from what others have said, plus the bike is a few years old. Perhaps the person I spoke with was just not aware of any new updates. Anyway, they did say they're getting 2021 stock starting January apparently so who the heck knows lol.
Why would you expect someone at your LBS to break embargo? Rocky literally had our managers and owners sign a NDA to see the new stuff a couple months back, and you think they'll spill the beans over a phone call?

Huh.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
5,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
In addition, the dealers are going to sell every damn bike they are going to get in ‘21, so it’s not like they are missing a sale by upholding the embargo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Why would you expect someone at your LBS to break embargo? Rocky literally had our managers and owners sign a NDA to see the new stuff a couple months back, and you think they'll spill the beans over a phone call?

Huh.
Because it's happened in the past with other bikes, like the Trance X for example. Plus, the shop I called also had knowledge about the new Mojo 4 before it was released so I figured they might have information about Rocky as well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Because it's happened in the past with other bikes, like the Trance X for example. Plus, the shop I called also had knowledge about the new Mojo 4 before it was released so I figured they might have information about Rocky as well.
OK fair enough. I will say the Rocky stuff is somewhat unique because we've never had to actually sign an NDA to see and order the new stuff until now. In the past it was always generally covered by the dealer agreement and a "please don't leak this stuff too much" handshake.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts