Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
Joined
·
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car broke down again on my way home from a gig last night... No mode of transportation right now and looks like i'll be missing a ton of races let alone rides. I hate cars... once you start relying on them, there's no turning back... :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman: :madman:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,039 Posts
mrpercussive said:
car is losing fluid somewhere. Dave said he'll look into it today... Oh well, i hate cars... Looking on craigslist now to see if there's anything i can use... Sux.........
I had a similar thing happen to me a few months ago on my old car. After the 30min drive home from work I left all of my coolant in the Long's parking lot :madman:. The good news is, if that is all that is happening, it is prob. a cheap fix. The most likely problem is that you either have an old hose that is cracked, or a hose clamp that is loose. Either way, it is cheap to replace a hose. Try starting your car and wiggling some of the hoses around until you see spurting stuff everywhere, then go from there
 

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
Joined
·
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dave actually replaced a leaking radiator last week and that fixed the problem i had before... for a while... could be hoses... we'll see... Still, i think i'm gonna look for another vehicle anyways. Thinking a pickup or a wagon or some small mpv for my music equipment and bikes. But need one which wont kill me on gas. Any cheaper suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
mrpercussive said:
dave actually replaced a leaking radiator last week and that fixed the problem i had before... for a while... could be hoses... we'll see... Still, i think i'm gonna look for another vehicle anyways. Thinking a pickup or a wagon or some small mpv for my music equipment and bikes. But need one which wont kill me on gas. Any cheaper suggestions?
I would go with a wagon or car based SUV for capacity and fuel economy.

You might want to look for one of those 0% financing deals that we see pop up every once in a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,039 Posts
mrpercussive said:
dave actually replaced a leaking radiator last week and that fixed the problem i had before... for a while... could be hoses... we'll see... Still, i think i'm gonna look for another vehicle anyways. Thinking a pickup or a wagon or some small mpv for my music equipment and bikes. But need one which wont kill me on gas. Any cheaper suggestions?
Glad you have someone to help you out:thumbsup:

I would look for an older Tacoma pickup. The smaller ones should get good gas mileage and can still do a lot of good bike hauling.
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
The chassis of the car is all tweaked from an accident, doesnt look to bad on the outside but when you under looking up it's a train wreak. The hood wouldnt close so we had to tweak the radiator mounts then relocate the radiator towards the motor till it would clear. Possibly there is a hose that got worn through because of relocating the radiator, it's becoming a very tight fit with everything all scrunched up. :madman::madman:

Definitely turning into a money pit. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,253 Posts
I think a Scion xB like Tara's would be pretty good for you. Put the rear seats down and you have a TON of room for drums, add a roof rack or hitch for bikes. 30+ MPG city. Not too pricey either. You'll need to find an '05 or an '06 though because they made them bigger, less fuel efficient and more expensive in 2008 and there is no '07 model year.

Edit: Just found a pretty good deal on an '04.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/722011090.html
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
64 Posts
mrpercussive said:
sux though... i've always wanted a small coupe... Miata, MR2, etc... I could put a bike rack on one of those, but no way would i be able to transport my drums... :(
ahh yes you have reached the age of understanding " practicality before personality :D"
Look into japanoid.com... Find a Mitsubishi Delica Van.. diesel powered, haul a lot of stuff and fantastic mileage. It's also 4 wheel drive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
I'd look for a good used Subaru.

I have a Nissan Pathfinder that I love but if I was in the market for a good used car for Instruments and Bikes I'd look for a good used Subaru.

A lot of cyclist here locally have then and love them. Also as far as instrumentalist.. The tuba player for the Atlanta Symphony has an older Subaru that he loves.
 

·
ride hard take risks
Joined
·
25,423 Posts
lakay said:
ahh yes you have reached the age of understanding " practicality before personality :D"
Look into japanoid.com... Find a Mitsubishi Delica Van.. diesel powered, haul a lot of stuff and fantastic mileage. It's also 4 wheel drive.
Diesel cost more than gas!!!!:eekster:
 

·
BrassBalled DropbarNinja
Joined
·
11,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
keviningeorgia said:
I have a Nissan Pathfinder that I love but if I was in the market for a good used car for Instruments and Bikes I'd look for a good used Subaru.

A lot of cyclist here locally have then and love them. Also as far as instrumentalist.. The tuba player for the Atlanta Symphony has an older Subaru that he loves.
Been a fan of the Imprezas since the GC8 came out... So i've been looking into a Legacy... But we'll see how things go ...lols
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top