Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done alot of research and shopping around and it has come down to a 2006 BigHit fsr1
or a 2006 7 point 3. I'm pretty torn right now and plan on purchasing one very soon so any advice that could possibly sway me would be much appreciated.

·
Equal opportunity meanie
2,781 Posts
Bighit. Rear end seems to be really soft and progressive. Every DW-Link I've ridden feels like a friggin hardtail over bumps and hits. My experience has led me to believe that anything Ironhorse makes is made of poo and welded with toothpaste for a very neutral odor.

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
i have ridden the DW link. i just like the big hits more. of course i have an 07 big hit 3 so the specs are better than a an 06 big hit 1.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Free X-Rays said:
hab1b, I'm 6'2" what size big hit would you recommend. I hate being cramped and have no trouble throwing around larger bikes.
I am little over 6 foot and rode a large

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
6'2 huh well one of my friends i ride with is 6'3 and rides mediums but he likes to be able to throw the bike around like nobodys business. i am 5'5 and i ride a small. if you can ride the bike and dont mind i would get a large if i was you, i am on your side i hate being crammed on a bike. of course being that i am so short i never have the problem. goto come local shops and sit on some bikes. you can never do too much research when buying a bike.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
DHidiot said:
Bighit. Rear end seems to be really soft and progressive. Every DW-Link I've ridden feels like a friggin hardtail over bumps and hits. My experience has led me to believe that anything Ironhorse makes is made of poo and welded with toothpaste for a very neutral odor.
Probably because they had platform shocks. They feel much better with less of a platform.

Or maybe I just like bikes that feel like hardtails. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.