Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little dude was so excited today when he got home and there was a little IBEX box sitting on the porch. I felt so bad that I was working late tonight and was postponing his build up, but we got it done only a little past bedtime! Chill mom, we got bike stuff to take care of.

I was imperssed with the pre-assembly. Only the front brake needed adjustment, tires pumped and two of the cables were crossed up on the bars. Easily fixed. I was also impressed with the componentry. All of the components are very nice with the exception of the pedals. One is very notchy and the other spins semi-freely.

We'll maybe get a trail ride/shakedown in this weekend if I can bum some cranks or steal the wife's bike. :D

Here are the pics

Not too shabby:cool:

It's Green! :eekster:

One happy camper:thumbsup:

·
Cuánto pesa?
7,823 Posts
Congratulations Little SS, your officially an IBEXer...Now its your turn SS..

SSINGA said:
My little dude was so excited today when he got home and there was a little IBEX box sitting on the porch..............................................................................................
One happy camper:thumbsup:
Nice write-up SS..Your boy's lucky to have you for a father, your alright :thumbsup:
Bike looks great, cant wait to see PICs of the boy riding..

Jake

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SS is a one bike guy....and this one will be around for awhile longer.

We will be quite a colorful pair on the trail.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Nice pics

Looks like one happy kid, and yes, tell mom to get her priorities straight!!

What was his reaction to the color? Looks more like Granny Smith Apple Green than mint, but hey, that's just my twisted POV.

Bob

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call_me_Clyde said:
Looks like one happy kid, and yes, tell mom to get her priorities straight!!

What was his reaction to the color? Looks more like Granny Smith Apple Green than mint, but hey, that's just my twisted POV.

Bob
I told him it was Grinch Green (stole the name from Ventana's green apple color). He said he would think about keeping it. :confused:

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Too funny!

My guess is that once he's taken it out on the trails and had some fun, the color issue will go away. If not, you'ev got some wrenching to do and some $$ to spend on that promise of a powder coat...

·