Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Welcome to the Gem...
812 Posts
well... it's not like it was unprovoked. it's not right, but it was in retaliation.

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
Mallanaga said:
well... it's not like it was unprovoked. it's not right, but it was in retaliation.
Doesn't it right at all. And of course we have to take a face value some pyscho's version of the run-down:rolleyes:

Thing is the encounter was something less than physically harmfull and his reaction was to purposely dig holes to harm other people who weren't even involved. AND camouflage the holes.
Ahole extreme. I am glad someone wasn't harmed.
CDT

·
pedal pusher
2,712 Posts
Yeah, total jerk. One guy on a bike ran into him (do we have both sides of the story to that incident?... of course not), so he retaliates against everyone. A lot of people--including that guy--are lucky there aren't numerous collarbone fractures due to his stupidity.

·
Tard.
122 Posts
This happens a lot in australia. The culprits usually turn out to be wombats.
The front of my XL stumpjumper disapeared up to the bars in a wombat hole recently. Just for the photo though...

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
Hah! Crazy old guy. Dude your in a park, it's not like a designated wilderness area, theres gonna be bikes!

BTW, who actually looks at Faux News?

·
Riiiiiide...
690 Posts
Id just like to clear something up here. People are calling the guy a jerk, asshat etc. But these kind of simple insults dont describe this man.

He is obviously mentaly troubled in ways hard to imagine for some. It takes a traumitized mind to go out and do stupid shite like that. In return for a few seconds of aggrevation that the man felt on the trail he went and spent god knows how much time destorying the trail in a fury of revengeful anger and frustration.

A little goes a long way for guys like this.. normal people would just shrug it off or ***** for a minute.
The biker who almost ran him over.. he's a jerk.

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
PsyCro said:
Id just like to clear something up here. People are calling the guy a jerk, asshat etc. But these kind of simple insults dont describe this man.

He is obviously mentaly troubled in ways hard to imagine for some. It takes a traumitized mind to go out and do stupid shite like that. In return for a few seconds of aggrevation that the man felt on the trail he went and spent god knows how much time destorying the trail in a fury of revengeful anger and frustration.

A little goes a long way for guys like this.. normal people would just shrug it off or ***** for a minute.
The biker who almost ran him over.. he's a jerk.
If he's mentally troubled he needs to be prosecuted and thrown in an insane asylum for the rest of his life where he can get "therapeutic" shock treatments and be locked in a 3 foot by 3 foot padded cell and left to rot.

Since there's no info on the guy that "almost ran him over" we can guess that by this guy's "mental troubles" that he's batsh!t crazy and blew the original encounter out of proportion.

Better yet, just end him and lets stop clogging our justice/prison system with worthless vagrants.

·
Riiiiiide...
690 Posts
robdamanii said:
If he's mentally troubled he needs to be prosecuted and thrown in an insane asylum for the rest of his life where he can get "therapeutic" shock treatments and be locked in a 3 foot by 3 foot padded cell and left to rot.

Since there's no info on the guy that "almost ran him over" we can guess that by this guy's "mental troubles" that he's batsh!t crazy and blew the original encounter out of proportion.

Better yet, just end him and lets stop clogging our justice/prison system with worthless vagrants.

Well i wasnt implying that he is insane. If that was the case he would of probably run the biker down and beat him to death with a stick!! :eekster:

·
Banned
2,317 Posts
PsyCro said:
Well i wasnt implying that he is insane. If that was the case he would of probably run the biker down and beat him to death with a stick!! :eekster:
Hmm. Good point. Or, maybe he would have but he couldn't catch said cyclist.

Either way, I still have little sympathy for such a waste of human flesh.

·
thecentralscrutinizer
2,964 Posts
They should punish him by having a 100 mtn. bikers really run him over. Then he'd be grateful if he ever had another close call.

·
Perpetual Hack
2,188 Posts
Make him work - Guarded and Supervised.

Have him cut NEW trail for the MTB community. That aught to work in quite well with his known compulsion to operate a shovel.

michael

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mallanaga said:

So you are justifying his act because he says he had a problem with another biker.............

That is an interesting thought process you have going there because he didn't just "retaliate" against the biker he says he had a problem with, but every single other biker that ever rides that path had to suffer because of his so-called retaliation. Explain that.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
i have to wonder about this 'being run down by a biker' thing.
the other night i was on my way home and ran into another biker at a light...so after bs'ing for a bit, we head off and i let her lead the way...a little down the road, some old guy looks up and sees us...sees her....still about 30-40 yards away and steps RIGHT in front her and stands there and stares at her. i was probably about 5-10 yards behind her...
so she goes and slows down to let him continue walking...he just stayed right there.....then he starts screaming and yelling at her like its her fault.
i didn't get yelled at...but the guy was CLEARLY in the wrong.

·
Bicyclist
2,849 Posts
That's it

Speedub.Nate said:
Yeah, I mean, what's wrong with adding a few terrain features to an otherwise overly groomed, uninspiring (frankly boring) trail? Let's make him an honorary mountain biker and hire him for trail building!
The guy is just against the constant "dumbing down" and "sanitizing" of the trail. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts