Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have three 29ers right now: fixed gear "cross" Van Dessel Buzzbomb, geared Full Suspension VD Buzzbomb, and a SS Karate Monkey. I stopped into a LBS that is closing shop. They are a big 29er supporter and always have a couple on the floor. I just wanted to see what they are "giving away". Well, they have 5-10 29ers discounted because of the pending closure. The only one that would fit me is a Cobia (21" size), and I am thinking about getting it. I need help with this. Should I pull the trigger and get another 29er. n+1 right!! Also, what does everyone think about the price ($670+tax).

FYI, Michigander 29er riders, Sunrise Sports in Fenton, Mi. I saw a Caliber (smaller don't remember $), a 292, couple of Cobias, X-cal (around $1000), Paragon ( around $1300), geared Karate Monkey ($1000), and a used Reba off a demo bike ($300). The prices are from memory, and a lot of my brain cells are gone from college.

703 Posts
deal

sounds like a decent deal for the cobia - but you're maxing that XL out for size. If you're going to consider another frame, you should look at the XL qball, or think about something custom at your size? Glad to hear the BuzzBomb is still kickin' it though....ride on.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David, I blame you for everything. It is all your fault. The Buzzbomb was my first 29er and first SS. Later on it became my first fixed gear ride. I now have 5 fixed gears!!! I call it my gateway bike because it led to harder stuff!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.