Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fear not race season knows no family holidays.

SATURDAY OCTOBER 7th
looks like a fine day for a race on some new trails. At least so says Sean and Squash-a-Fly Racing.

Thats right, you may remember Sean from such events as the Tuesday Night 'FUN' Series, maybe it is as Adams uncool brother. if neither of those works he is the funny looking guy that always seems to have a (different) young lady on his ATV (yes, despite his hobbit'ish looks) during the 24hr events.

Anyway. Sean will be taking his Tuesday night freakfest on the road to the new king trails. There will be three start waves and a silly number of categories...including parent and child...Sean also did not forget the brats either, there will be a full blown singlespeed open category. please do try the latter but understand that first place has already been awarded.

$15 pre
$20 day-of

10a/11a and 1230p start times (check your category to be sure)
7k loop (most riders do 3 laps)
Free BBQ
Turkey throwing contest
Pin the tail on Oggie

trying to attach the JPEG invite but...y'know...most of you should have gotten a mailer (i didnt) but you can email me if you need details [email protected]

OH. An OCA license or Citizen Permit is required, no 1-day available.

Attachments

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
you'll have to...

come to Bosnia to pin the tail on Oggie... that is if you know where this darn place is... have fun you all at this race - sounds like fun...

nogearshere said:
fear not race season knows no family holidays.

SATURDAY OCTOBER 7th
looks like a fine day for a race on some new trails. At least so says Sean and Squash-a-Fly Racing.

Thats right, you may remember Sean from such events as the Tuesday Night 'FUN' Series, maybe it is as Adams uncool brother. if neither of those works he is the funny looking guy that always seems to have a (different) young lady on his ATV (yes, despite his hobbit'ish looks) during the 24hr events.

Anyway. Sean will be taking his Tuesday night freakfest on the road to the new king trails. There will be three start waves and a silly number of categories...including parent and child...Sean also did not forget the brats either, there will be a full blown singlespeed open category. please do try the latter but understand that first place has already been awarded.

$15 pre
$20 day-of

10a/11a and 1230p start times (check your category to be sure)
7k loop (most riders do 3 laps)
Free BBQ
Turkey throwing contest
Pin the tail on Oggie

trying to attach the JPEG invite but...y'know...most of you should have gotten a mailer (i didnt) but you can email me if you need details [email protected]

OH. An OCA license or Citizen Permit is required, no 1-day available.

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
Bummer on the licence thing. maybe next year i will go all in and get one. that depends on where i live/work, and the availability of transport.

next season is a long way away though. lots of time to think about that.

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rkj__ said:
Bummer on the licence thing. maybe next year i will go all in and get one. that depends on where i live/work, and the availability of transport.

next season is a long way away though. lots of time to think about that.
maybe if you went to a head-shoppe on queen street you can get some fake oca cards er some such. like the indiana drivers lic and official breast inspector cards i got in highschool...

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
nogearshere said:
maybe if you went to a head-shoppe on queen street you can get some fake oca cards er some such. like the indiana drivers lic and official breast inspector cards i got in highschool...
maybe i'll do that right after calculus tomorow:rolleyes:

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
you calling me turkey, boy?

teebor76xc said:
Shouldn't you pin the tail on the Oggie before you throw the turkey?!
huh?

<pulling out red book and putting down name tee-boooh>

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the license thing sucks for a lot of people. but the main mailer went out to (mostly) the tuesday series crowd who should have a lic or at least a good forgery. apparently rj is going at recess to pick some up if you are interested...but maybe he was being funay.

i understand why supafly cant do day of's or waive it all together...it only takes one broken nail...and some piss ant would have sean working as a personal butt'ler.

as for the turkey pinning oggie, apparently he will be filling shell holes and disarming mines that day. But you have a brilliant idea...we already have the green monster challenge to settle beefs, lets ad "pin oggie" to the list of stupid challenges for next year...both shoulders...one second...any takers???

·
rad to the power of sick
1,969 Posts
No can do this one. Its the Guvernment night clubs 10th anniversary.

Pretty ladies as far as the eyes can see vs. nogears charming wit.

sorry nogears, the ladies won that one.

however rkj_ , University Cup season is in full swing. And Mac had a smaller than normal showing last weekend...i think youd better represent. Just study harder on friday.

Current standings:

1. Guelph: 610pts
2. UofT: 591
3. Queens: 554
Mac: 64

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
superlightracer said:
No can do this one. Its the Guvernment NIGHT clubs 10th anniversary.

Pretty ladies as far as the eyes can see vs. nogears charming wit.

sorry nogears, the ladies won that one.
silly rabbit.
it's a DAY race...

and the gov'na says:
"tink of da pump you vill ave in yoor aaammms afta tha raace - girlie maan - da ladies vill luuv eet"

shutup and race...it cant be worse then a tuesday for you.

·
Singlespeed Mysty
646 Posts
teebor76xc said:
Any chance this shindig is going down again this year>?
I totally forgot about this one... I was just learning how to ride last year when this shindig happened...

oh noggy ... care to enlighten us?

·
Single speed
231 Posts
This Saturday?

Hey Nogs,
Is it this Saturday? October the 6th?

It's just a short race? 3x 7km laps. Virtually a sprint race.
Or is it more technical with nothing but ascending and decending?
About how long do you think the lap times will be?
Just asking for an estimate of the difficulty of the course.

It's either go here or go to Ellicottville for the MTB Fall fest. 3x16 km mostly climbing laps.

If there is a chance to win a Misfit 29er I may be swayed to attend.

Where to find more info on the net?

·
Single speed
231 Posts
The flier.

Oops
I just checked out the flier. I guess I wasn't signed in when I first read your posting.
Plenty o info there.
It looks like just a short race.
Sure it will be fun, but is it worth the drive.
A little to far for me to ride my bike to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Umm,

before everyone gets all hot to do this race...Saturday, October 7th, 2006 was last year. Now Peter, since you are a misfit man, perhaps you know something I don't, being on the sponsor list, but last time I talked to the Ruppel's, this race wasn't going on this year. Thats why Sean himself he was coming to the Mountainview Race the Night (a little shameless self promotion. I should also point out that Misfit is sponsoring Mountainview Race the Night, you get to ride in the dark, AND you will get to sleep in Saturday morning before heading to Guvernment.

·
Single speed
231 Posts
Details

When you don't look at the details is when ya look like an eeedeeeiot.

Aside from the obvious.
Date on Nogs origional post,
Big huge printed date on the flyer.

Well there goes that plan to try n win a new bike.

Ellicottville Mtb fall fest is still on.
For those who want to test their medal against some strong riders. And a wicked course.
Last time I was there there was quite a few single speeders.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts