Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
well mannered lout
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not so much a weight weenie, but I've been hanging about while building the new bike.

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

The whippet is a purpose built strava hunter for the Kingdom Trails. Shop scale had her a bit under 22lbs without the pedals. Thanks for all the info on these forums...you're all nuts...I'm a fan. K.

·
well mannered lout
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, ok...the beast has sunk it's claws in. We are now 1x9 with a raceface 32T, ultegra 12-28T and an xtr short cage I scored in a trade. She sits at 20.4 now.

Pricepoint has the Kenda Klimax lites for $20 ea. so those are coming my way too. If I can get them to seal up tubeless she should drop to 19.2.

·
I like turtles
6,370 Posts
Are your pedals included in this weight b/c you said in your first post they were not?

·
well mannered lout
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pedals are not included...Wellgo WAM3s were just over 300g. They may get stripped single-side style when the trails open in May.

·
I like turtles
6,370 Posts
Why don't folks include the pedal weight?.....I just don't understand...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
well mannered lout
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had not settled on which pedals I wanted when I had the bike on the scale. Now I just do the math based on that first number.

I think that, because many high-end bikes are sold without pedals, the practice of posting weights without pedals is pretty common...I guess...maybe...I don't know...sorry

·
I like turtles
6,370 Posts
Gotcha. I always think it's to show the lowest weight possible;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
I like turtles
6,370 Posts
If you read MBA - they always include pedals when they state the weight of the bikes these test (and tell you which ones). If I take off my pedals, water bottle cage, and Garmin mount, I am right at 21 pounds even with my summer tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts