Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
well mannered lout
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not so much a weight weenie, but I've been hanging about while building the new bike.

Bicycle tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel Bicycle part

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle frame Wheel Bicycle wheel

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Bicycle wheel

The whippet is a purpose built strava hunter for the Kingdom Trails. Shop scale had her a bit under 22lbs without the pedals. Thanks for all the info on these forums...you're all nuts...I'm a fan. K.

·
well mannered lout
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, ok...the beast has sunk it's claws in. We are now 1x9 with a raceface 32T, ultegra 12-28T and an xtr short cage I scored in a trade. She sits at 20.4 now.

Pricepoint has the Kenda Klimax lites for $20 ea. so those are coming my way too. If I can get them to seal up tubeless she should drop to 19.2.

·
well mannered lout
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pedals are not included...Wellgo WAM3s were just over 300g. They may get stripped single-side style when the trails open in May.

·
I like turtles
6,350 Posts
Why don't folks include the pedal weight?.....I just don't understand...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
well mannered lout
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had not settled on which pedals I wanted when I had the bike on the scale. Now I just do the math based on that first number.

I think that, because many high-end bikes are sold without pedals, the practice of posting weights without pedals is pretty common...I guess...maybe...I don't know...sorry

·
I like turtles
6,350 Posts
Gotcha. I always think it's to show the lowest weight possible;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
I like turtles
6,350 Posts
If you read MBA - they always include pedals when they state the weight of the bikes these test (and tell you which ones). If I take off my pedals, water bottle cage, and Garmin mount, I am right at 21 pounds even with my summer tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.