Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the order in today for a Large White 575 w/ aluminum rear and RP23.

I got the enduro race package, but with the Talas 32 RLC, X.9 rear der., and King headset. :D

I can't wait, should be in next week. Too bad I won't be able to ride it until the following week because I'll be away for 4 days next week.

Thanks again to those who helped. This forum is a great resource. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, just found out they don't sell white anymore. :-( They discontinued it because it didn't sell well. Too bad because it was the only color I liked. Guess I'll have to settle for black or raw. :-(

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
IBG said:
Thanks, just found out they don't sell white anymore. :-( They discontinued it because it didn't sell well. Too bad because it was the only color I liked. Guess I'll have to settle for black or raw. :-(
I wasn't too enthused about getting the black ano at first but after having it a little while I can say it definately grows on you. It's very tough and rugged and just about any color stands out on it. It's hit rocks, trees, ground... etc.. and still has no scratches on it that I can see. I would go for the Black and dress it up with colors via the heatset, wheels, etc..

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
iviguy said:
...... It's hit rocks, trees, ground... etc.. and still has no scratches on it that I can see. .....
You must have gotten a better ano job than mine. Leaned mine against a concrete light post and it scratched it. Bike fell over on some rocks and got more scratches. I don't thinks its as tough as a Santa Cruz ano or Ellsworth's.

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
IBG said:
anyone have any pics showing the difference between the black and black ano? Looked in the show us thread and couldn't tell.

Thanks.
Do they even make the black without the ano anymore? I don't think they do. I don't like the regular black shiny finish. The black ano is much better.

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Ratt said:
You must have gotten a better ano job than mine. Leaned mine against a concrete light post and it scratched it. Bike fell over on some rocks and got more scratches. I don't thinks its as tough as a Santa Cruz ano or Ellsworth's.
Are you sure yours is the ano? I could see the shiny black doing that but this ano finish is hard to scratch.

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
iviguy said:
Do they even make the black without the ano anymore? I don't think they do. I don't like the regular black shiny finish. The black ano is much better.

you are right... painted black is not available anymore.. 2004 was the last year they did it I think

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
iviguy said:
Are you sure yours is the ano? I could see the shiny black doing that but this ano finish is hard to scratch.
ya, bought it new with the rp23 and carbon rear. I was leaning towards the team colors but i really like the durable finish of the old bead blasted ano Ellsworth frames. Thought anodizing was anodizing but i guess i was wrong.

·
In my mind, I can do it!
2,365 Posts
Ratt said:
ya, bought it new with the rp23 and carbon rear. I was leaning towards the team colors but i really like the durable finish of the old bead blasted ano Ellsworth frames. Thought anodizing was anodizing but i guess i was wrong.
Pics...

Any bike can get scratched with any finish. I can tell you my bike has had some good falls and I've bent more hangers than I can remember but the paint and frame are not scratched.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.