Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
You know, for kids
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
that guy made a similar post back in October, he really was here just to poke the beehive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
madcap said:
that guy made a similar post back in October, he really was here just to poke the beehive
Yeah, I checked him out and saw that one too. He'll probably get a new gmail or hotmail acct setup just so he can re-register under a different name and come back to stir things up again. I for one will be on the lookout for the idiot in future posts. I just hope rockcrusher is safe, you know that thomasmore was a marine. Oh, and he's fast too.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
10,533 Posts
The reason that I like this forum is the almost overzealous passion that 29ers have for riding their bike. They will not stand by and let a rebuke of something that they are so passionate about slide. I think that most were well behaved and analytical in their defense of the benefits of the bigger wheels.

And the best thing is that they are passionate not about a brand or even a type but just the act of riding a bike straight and pure. They stand in defense of whatever someone rides and accept that 3 extra inches isn't everyones cuppa tea.
 

·
Reviewer/Tester
Joined
·
6,176 Posts
rockcrusher said:
The reason that I like this forum is the almost overzealous passion that 29ers have for riding their bike. They will not stand by and let a rebuke of something that they are so passionate about slide. I think that most were well behaved and analytical in their defense of the benefits of the bigger wheels.

And the best thing is that they are passionate not about a brand or even a type but just the act of riding a bike straight and pure. They stand in defense of whatever someone rides and accept that 3 extra inches isn't everyones cuppa tea.

Sweeeet avatar, mate. One of my all-time favourite movies.


R.
 

·
The Duuude, man...
Joined
·
3,537 Posts
Rainman said:
Sweeeet avatar, mate. One of my all-time favourite movies.


R.
My new gal-pal just got me the most recent collectors edition DVD. Scott says in the intro that it is the single exact and final version he wanted...his favorite. PS: there is NO voiceover...kindof different. Ford apparently didn't want to DO the voiceover to start with...interesting.



ps that flame bait guy almost pulled me in as well.
 

·
Reviewer/Tester
Joined
·
6,176 Posts
ncj01 said:
My new gal-pal just got me the most recent collectors edition DVD. Scott says in the intro that it is the single exact and final version he wanted...his favorite. PS: there is NO voiceover...kindof different. Ford apparently didn't want to DO the voiceover to start with...interesting.



ps that flame bait guy almost pulled me in as well.

Send me a copy? I can pay...:D


R.
 

·
The Duuude, man...
Joined
·
3,537 Posts
Rainman said:
Send me a copy? I can pay...:D


R.
should be available in a store near you...

to get semi-back-on-topic... but still on DVD's.... if I could recommend 1 DVD on the planet to people...it would be Dana Brown's <i>Dust to Glory</i> ....perferably on a big screen with a good sound system.... if that doesn't give you goose bumps...then consult a physician...


Of a similar vein: <i>The Collective</i> is pretty serious...actually loaned to me by a previous forum regular... I think I accidentally lost it in the divorce last yr though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
djcrb9 said:
Yeah, way to protect 29'er fans from themselves... people can't ignore a simple troll like that.
Actually I am all for free speech and opinions, etc but that guy was obviously just stirring in it. He can ride whatever he wants, and feel however he feels, but to come to a 29er forum and start baggin on 29ers is flaming plain and simple. I don't get the whole freeride lift/shuttle-to-the-top hucking mentality, but it's ok by me that others enjoy it. The point is that I am not going on the freeride site to mess with them, to each his own, what do I care.

I was enjoying it, and I don't take it seriously, so I could care less if he wants to do that... to a point. What happened, that you may not have seen, is that he started another post, was warned by rockcrusher and then came back w/ another smart a$$ comment basically telling the moderator to f-off. He deserved what he got.

Trust me I don't need anyone protecting me, I am totally at peace with what I ride and respect others choices. Thomasmore wasn't threatening any of the riders on this forum, and he wasn't changing anyone's mind w/ his posts, he was just a nusance to us for a few hours. Nothing more, nothing less.
 

·
Art is Resistance
Joined
·
10,375 Posts
tibiker325 said:
Actually I am all for free speech and opinions, etc but that guy was obviously just stirring in it. He can ride whatever he wants, and feel however he feels, but to come to a 29er forum and start baggin on 29ers is flaming plain and simple. I don't get the whole freeride lift/shuttle-to-the-top hucking mentality, but it's ok by me that others enjoy it. The point is that I am not going on the freeride site to mess with them, to each his own, what do I care.

I was enjoying it, and I don't take it seriously, so I could care less if he wants to do that... to a point. What happened, that you may not have seen, is that he started another post, was warned by rockcrusher and then came back w/ another smart a$$ comment basically telling the moderator to f-off. He deserved what he got.

Trust me I don't need anyone protecting me, I am totally at peace with what I ride and respect others choices. Thomasmore wasn't threatening any of the riders on this forum, and he wasn't changing anyone's mind w/ his posts, he was just a nusance to us for a few hours. Nothing more, nothing less.

I did see the other threads. I didn't really waste my time on any of it. If people can't keep themselves from responding, is that the troll's fault or the people that take the bait? Like i said, people were being protected from themselves.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top