Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Professional Crastinator
6,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Lumina 250 where the USB jack broke off. All I had to do was show a receipt that it was less than 2 yrs. old, and they authorized a return. They sent me back a Lumina Micro 450. Same size, more light. Nice!

-F

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
39,521 Posts
I had a Lumina 250 where the USB jack broke off. All I had to do was show a receipt that it was less than 2 yrs. old, and they authorized a return. They sent me back a Lumina Micro 450. Same size, more light. Nice!

-F
Good to hear. A local San Diego company who pioneered mtb light systems. I lived just a few miles from them for so many years.

I bought a top of the line Nite Rider II long ago which I never used. I needed a battery years later because it sat for so long. I called them up and they said, "no problem, bring it in or ship it and you'll have a new one shortly for minimal charge". This was years ago, I never did do that yet I'm sitting on a brand new old school light system [dual lights, dual remote handlebar mounted button] that I've wondered if they are still in business with all the new systems out these days. Apparently they are, this thread brings back promise to contact them again. Yes the pioneers in mtb lighting. They are like the Easton of carbon fiber bars. :thumbsup:

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
19,494 Posts
Back in the day they would be at all the mtb fests. They'd organize night rides, and if you didn't have a light, they would set you up.

Great bunch of guys, and true pioneers of bike lighting systems.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
MiNewt still rolling. Back up duties however. Do they even make a two piece anymore?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
At their prices, Niterider better be good to its customers. I night ride a lot, and most of my friends have moved to the Geoman type lighting systems. I still use a Niterider for my helmet, but I run a cheapie on the bars.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ive personally got nothing but good things to say about Nite Rider. I've got 2 MiNewts from back in the day and a Enduro 2800 Remote lighting setup.

Their Pro Series lights are downright awesome.

Their customer service is awesome.

And their lights are durable as hell.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
39,521 Posts
Ive personally got nothing but good things to say about Nite Rider. I've got 2 MiNewts from back in the day and a Enduro 2800 Remote lighting setup.

Their Pro Series lights are downright awesome.

Their customer service is awesome.

And their lights are durable as hell.
It's a no wonder, they pioneered lights for mountain bikes. The rest just jumped on the bandwagon and rode their coattails to the limelight. No pun intended.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I live here in San Diego not far from their location. I bought a used light off of ebay it failed rather quickly after a month or so. Contacted them for an RMA and dropped it off. They asked if it was under warranty and I said no it was a used item from ebay. They called me up later that same day to pick up my light. $10.00 bench fee parts and labor no charge.

Now that is great customer service!

Light has worked awesome the last 2 years.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nothing but good things to say about customer service, no questions ever asked. Just 'send it in'.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
A few weeks back. I was riding out at Mission trails with a buddy of mine. He needed a helmet mount for his light. So after the ride we stopped by Nite rider to get one. They gave him the mount for free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts