Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Niner bikes would like to congratulate Leslie Williams for an amazing first race aboard the Niner One 9. Even though the bike was not entirely set up for her with a blitz of last minute adjustments by her husband Erik, she placed an amazing 4th in the women's Pro/Expert single speed field. This was Leslie?s first race on a 29? wheel. Leslie has an amazing attitude and is a great steward for this sport, single speeders, and now Niners. Look for Leslie next week in Santa Barbara for the Firestone Walker Epic race where she will put the Niner through its paces on the 70 mile long course.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Thanks again, Leslie.

<o:p></o:p>

Steve

Niner Bikes

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 6in; HEIGHT: 4in" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title=\"137_3757\" src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Steve/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg"></v:imagedata></v:shape>
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
Niner Bikes said:
Niner bikes would like to congratulate Leslie Williams for an amazing first race aboard the Niner One 9. Even though the bike was not entirely set up for her with a blitz of last minute adjustments by her husband Erik, she placed an amazing 4th in the women's Pro/Expert single speed field. This was Leslie?s first race on a 29? wheel. Leslie has an amazing attitude and is a great steward for this sport, single speeders, and now Niners. Look for Leslie next week in Santa Barbara for the Firestone Walker Epic race where she will put the Niner through its paces on the 70 mile long course.]


congratulations should go to Padre too, what a lucky dude to have a wife like Leslie. good luck @ firestone, its a cool race.

former sb local,

erik
 

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
Joined
·
8,821 Posts
She's a trooper!
She loved everything about the niner....everything except the 180mm cranks it came with! :D Her hip flexors have been spasming ever since...apparently a 39 mile race isn't the best way to test out longer cranks... :D

She was running an Ignitor out back..the Bonty XR up front, a Reba, Hayes El Camino brakes, a Thomson stem/post, and a WTB Pure V. She loved it all. The wheels were sweet the Niner boys hooked up... DT 240's laced to Stan's new wheels laced up with DT Comps....she had a blast... thanks to The Path Bike Shop for a sweet/strong/perfect wheel build!

Also, thanks to Mattman for loaning us his brand new 21tooth Boone ti cog and spacers!

She said the bike handled like a dream and really gel'd with it...

for next wknd we'll hook her up with some 175 cranks and a full water bottle..and she'll be ready!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Singletrack

Cyclenaut said:
Steve, was it you I met with Brett from Ultimate at the Trek booth?

If so, I hear you might be sending a bike over to Chipps in the UK to review for Singletrack. That's cool! I wish I could be there to review it for you.
That was actually me at the Trek booth. I offered the bike for Chipps to review and we are waiting for an answer. If you know Chipps let him know we would like him to try our bike out for himself.

Chris
Niner Bikes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Padre!

Hey, Congrats to you on your unexpected win! Very funny site with you and the small shirt on the podium!

We wish Leslie luck in Santa Barbara. You guys are great and we enjoyed the Sea Otter experience.

Chris
Niner Bikes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Niner Bikes said:
That was actually me at the Trek booth. I offered the bike for Chipps to review and we are waiting for an answer. If you know Chipps let him know we would like him to try our bike out for himself.

Chris
Niner Bikes
Ah! Right, Chris. Yeah during our conversation I mentioned that it was Singletrack that I'd done some writing for (in addition to Dirt Rag).

You can reach Chipps via email: chippsATsingletrackworldDOTcom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sea Otter

Cyclenaut said:
Ah! Right, Chris. Yeah during our conversation I mentioned that it was Singletrack that I'd done some writing for (in addition to Dirt Rag).

You can reach Chipps via email: chippsATsingletrackworldDOTcom
Thank you. It was nice meeting you. Good luck this summer with Trek. I will contact Chipps this week.
 

·
Sofa King We Todd Did
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
Niner Bikes guys, I hope you lot have some decent PR going for this. This has been a phenomenal debut and you only get one shot at milking a debut for all it's worth. I'm talking news releases to the press (i.e. the monthly print mags), the usual gamet of websites that care about this sport, hell I'd even send one to places like ESPN or Sports Illustrated 'cause you never know. Boast the results, talk up the bike, lots of dynamic pics, that sorta thing.

But of course, if you boys are on top of this already, then rock on.
 

·
Feet back and spread 'em!
Joined
·
624 Posts
reba OT

Many congrats and nice pix also.

off thread: in the first pic, is it an optical illlusion or is that Reba kinked just below the sliders. Hopefully there's not that much slop in the bushings.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top