Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slothful dirt hippie
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been churning home 15 miles on the road w/ the Surly the last few weeks, sometimes on the 22 mile RR grade route with the Marin instead.... strange work schedule demands it or another car and I'm too cheap for that. :)

Anyway, I was climbing a hill that was just SCORCHING in the sun yesterday, and all the posts about you uber-climber-gals came flashing back.... now I'm about as non- competative and slow as they come, and I don't deal with heat very well..... but hearing all your thoughts in my brain really kicked my butt up to the top! HOW COOL IS THAT? :D

The slight dizzyness and ringing in the ears has plenty of time to dissipate on the downhill right? :) THANK YOU ALL for some badly needed motivation on a hot commute home!

·
internet axe murderer
219 Posts
Hot commute vs hot train ride

Climbing in the scorching sun is definitely tough. But I'd take it over my hot, stuffy, often crowded train rides to and from work. Unfortunately, commuting by bike is just not an option for me right now. But in past summers, it was definitely the way to go. I loved riding the bike home instead of the train.

Good job on the climb. :)

Spike

verslowrdr said:
So I've been churning home 15 miles on the road w/ the Surly the last few weeks, sometimes on the 22 mile RR grade route with the Marin instead.... strange work schedule demands it or another car and I'm too cheap for that. :)

Anyway, I was climbing a hill that was just SCORCHING in the sun yesterday, and all the posts about you uber-climber-gals came flashing back.... now I'm about as non- competative and slow as they come, and I don't deal with heat very well..... but hearing all your thoughts in my brain really kicked my butt up to the top! HOW COOL IS THAT? :D

The slight dizzyness and ringing in the ears has plenty of time to dissipate on the downhill right? :) THANK YOU ALL for some badly needed motivation on a hot commute home!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Congrats!

But be careful with the dizzyness. Drink A LOT and make sure you are getting electrolytes. I went on a scorcher of a ride on Sat and came close to getting myself in trouble with the heat. No fun. And also I have found that music really helps me get up those long uphill stretches. Good luck! :p

·
Registered
327 Posts
woohoo! here's to voices in your head! it's great to be able to ride every day as part of a daily routine. i love zipping around town to do my errands. i think i'm going to use my road bike for it today so i feel especially fast!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.