Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Hey, what you do with your brakes in the privacy of your own home is none of our concern.

I want to see some pics of the brakes installed, stat!

·
Strongbow or Bust!!!!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK OK OK!! Sheesh......

Can you wait a few hours?? I promise it will be worth the wait!! ;)
Sheesh, you by a set of brakes from these guys and they will goto any length to badger you into showing off the brakes. Man, some people! :D

Film @11
Just finished dinner.

Rob

·
Strongbow or Bust!!!!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DONE. Pics included just for you Greg....

Ok. It took 35mins to install these brakes (I had prepped the bike before hand with no brakes on it) and I can say it was very easy to do. The only thing that could be improved is the addition of two washers (for one kit) for the bolts that hold the alloy caliper carrier on the frame, as they might crack the paint when tightened (I installed my own washers).
The brakes needed no bleed out of the box, as they had a VERY firm lever feel and need a bit of reach adjustment for my tastes. Braking power is VERY powerful (I have a 200mm/180mm setup) and I can say just tooling around the block these brakes ROCK!!! Compaired to my set of 4R's, these brakes are on the same level of power or more. I plan to ride this weekend (if I get my fat-boy springs in for the Fox fork) and I'll have a better write-up for in-the-field test of the Oro's.
Thanks a bunch Chris and Greg.
Rob

Attachments

G

·
!

Nigel: "It's like, how much more black could this bike be? and the answer is none. None more black."

Check that.. I guess you could get some black spokes.

Looks great!

·
Strongbow or Bust!!!!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well, I never meant it to be..........

All black, but that's the way the bike came. The rims and wheels are from Japan, as those Araya 930 rims are HARD to find, even in Japan. My springs are in so I need to get them and install them, then go ride IF the weather is good as it may snow/sleet/ice storm this week (I have bad luck riding in the snow).
Rob

PS-I think it may be a good idea to have Formula include those 2 extra washers in the kits. It just makes it easier to install the caliper carrier bolts and does not mess the frame paint up.

·
"El Whatever"
18,874 Posts
The Tractor said:
All black, but that's the way the bike came. The rims and wheels are from Japan, as those Araya 930 rims are HARD to find, even in Japan. My springs are in so I need to get them and install them, then go ride IF the weather is good as it may snow/sleet/ice storm this week (I have bad luck riding in the snow).
Rob

PS-I think it may be a good idea to have Formula include those 2 extra washers in the kits. It just makes it easier to install the caliper carrier bolts and does not mess the frame paint up.
Can you disclose the price??? Or at least an indication?

·
Freshly Fujified
8,196 Posts
The more I see this bike

The Tractor said:
The XLT w/K18 Oros
The Tractor w/4Rs
The Dakar w/Hayes (my brother's bike for xmas)
[/QUOTE]

The more I like it. You'd make John Deere proud. Gotta love looking at it incontrast to the Deere bike Chad from Red Barn posted in the Singlespeed thread.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
The Tractor said:
Some better pics using the sun to help my puny camera.

The XLT w/K18 Oros
The Tractor w/4Rs
The Dakar w/Hayes (my brother's bike for xmas)
i'd re-route the front brake line on all of your bikes...take the caliper off and feed it through the space between the top of the front tire and the fork bridge...then ziptye the line to the fork bridge as well as the left left of the fork...

if you ever caught that brake line on something, you'd have a nasty fall and an expensive problem

later

·
Strongbow or Bust!!!!
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Post ride update.........

The OROs are the bomb!!! I had 1-finger power braking from the front 200mm, the rear brake will stop you if you like it or not by its self. I bedded them in with a small dose of sand and mud, and they are great brakes.

Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.