Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 24 hrs of Temecula was a blast.
Hmm, an explosion? No, implosion. Man, my laps sukced!!
I ran the LeMans and pulled a 1:19. Second lap a 1:09. That's was my only good lap.
My first night lap I dumped at the first Triple X on inside no less. BAAM! No rear brakes. All teh downhills were F'd after that. 1:35ish :(
Third lap my lights went out just after two miles. David lit up the pit for me while I attatched a spare to the helmet. Wendy from Team GoGirls was my guiding light to the bottum of the first set of downs. I was able to take off again at the meadow/valley that went back to the EMS tent. 1:45. Whaaaahhhh. :mad: :eek:
My last lap my chain exploded before the first triple X. 1:35ish. :confused:
Can't beleive but I pulled 5 laps.
Miles with a bum wrist had 3.
MtbBill had 5 fast laps
2PAAD pulled 6 fast laps. :eek:

Please note: Always register early if you want the shwag.
SCUMBAGSS

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
noslogan said:
The 24 hrs of Temecula was a blast.
Hmm, an explosion? No, implosion. Man, my laps sukced!!
I ran the LeMans and pulled a 1:19. Second lap a 1:09. That's was my only good lap.
My first night lap I dumped at the first Triple X on inside no less. BAAM! No rear brakes. All teh downhills were F'd after that. 1:35ish :(
Third lap my lights went out just after two miles. David lit up the pit for me while I attatched a spare to the helmet. Wendy from Team GoGirls was my guiding light to the bottum of the first set of downs. I was able to take off again at the meadow/valley that went back to the EMS tent. 1:45. Whaaaahhhh. :mad: :eek:
My last lap my chain exploded before the first triple X. 1:35ish. :confused:
Can't beleive but I pulled 5 laps.
Miles with a bum wrist had 3.
MtbBill had 5 fast laps
2PAAD pulled 6 fast laps. :eek:

Please note: Always register early if you want the shwag.
SCUMBAGSS
Congratulations. I really like that team photo. :p

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
I certainly had a blast. :D Granny Gear certainly ran a great race, the Vail Lake Resort is tops, and the course is quite hard and very much a Mountain Bikers course that tests just about all facets of MTB skills. Between the Old Pueblo, and Herkey Creek races, this one is by far the best. Don't get me wrong, I like the other races but if I could only pick one of the three to do it would be this one.

Personally, I'll never race the spring Herkey Creek race because I think they are just being greedy. :mad:

I'm still not exactly sure how I got talked/talked myself into doing the Rigid Single Speed thing, but it was quite an experience. I have never felt so beat up after a race as I do after this one.

Thanks Granny Gear!

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
A few pictures from the race

I did not take many pictures but here are a few from the weekend's festivities.

Tinker getting things started, I think he only passed me three times this year :)

Fellow SCUMBAG Erik showing the proper way to mount a bike with a kilt on.

There were a couple other riders out on the Rigid Single Speeds. (Team JensonUSA)

Erik coming in from the first lap.

We did get a spot or two rain in the early hours of Sunday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.