Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Expert Pushing SSer
Joined
·
1,503 Posts
SlowSSer said:
the macro photo thread over on passion got me into this.
great looking cogs- feel nice and light!
Well, if I ever get the SS road project underway, I think I see the cogs I will use ;) Good looking hardware.

Mike
 

·
A hopped on pop.
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
SlowSSer said:
the macro photo thread over on passion got me into this.
great looking cogs- feel nice and light!
sweet...thanks for the pics. i have been thining of ordering a pair of cogs and putting them on the dura ace hub on my cross bike with a spacer or two inbetween. maybe a 20 and 22t???

looks like good stuff!!!
 

·
Cold. Blue. Steel.
Joined
·
1,709 Posts
Kam said:
sweet...thanks for the pics. i have been thining of ordering a pair of cogs and putting them on the dura ace hub on my cross bike with a spacer or two inbetween. maybe a 20 and 22t???

looks like good stuff!!!
don't even hesitate...
the pics are good, feeling one in your hand is even better. these things rock!!!
i will update on longevity after a while, but i can tell you we beat the crap out of our drivetrains around here. between the long, hard and technical climbs to the sloppy conditions, this is a true testing ground!!
and the guy who created them (Marshall) rides em long and hard. yeah, insert joke here________ :p
so far, these cogs are tougher than tits at the morgue. (yeah, i thought that up with my very own little brain)
 

·
ali'i hua
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OneGearGuy said:
don't even hesitate...
the pics are good, feeling one in your hand is even better. these things rock!!!
i will update on longevity after a while, but i can tell you we beat the crap out of our drivetrains around here. between the long, hard and technical climbs to the sloppy conditions, this is a true testing ground!!
and the guy who created them (Marshall) rides em long and hard. yeah, insert joke here________ :p
so far, these cogs are tougher than tits at the morgue. (yeah, i thought that up with my very own little brain)

question:

so far, is it more durable than a king alu kog?

just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
OneGearGuy said:
don't even hesitate...
the pics are good, feeling one in your hand is even better. these things rock!!!
i will update on longevity after a while, but i can tell you we beat the crap out of our drivetrains around here. between the long, hard and technical climbs to the sloppy conditions, this is a true testing ground!!
and the guy who created them (Marshall) rides em long and hard. yeah, insert joke here________ :p
so far, these cogs are tougher than tits at the morgue. (yeah, i thought that up with my very own little brain)

That's good to hear. That their longevity is good, not the toughness of tits at the morgue. Bunch of us ordered a ...err, bunch, but I haven't started to use mine yet.
 

·
I CAME I SAW I CONQUERED
Joined
·
249 Posts
Looks good.......

I ordered an 18T today.....to go w/the 1506gm disc wheels I ordered from Dave Thomas.
The wheels are getting here sooner than I thought and, well, just had to have a new
endless to go w/them. Now if I only knew what spacers I needed. :eek:

Good day - Veni Vidi Vici.
 

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
Joined
·
4,659 Posts
In my experience...

I have an 18t endless and an 18t King. I have switched back and forth a coupla times to see if I noticed a difference. The endless doesn't burr as quickly, and is quieter. Not life-changing, but I can tell. Your results may vary?

But I have to admit I might prefer the look of the King. Marshall? How bout some fancy windows? =)

J

quickly.
SlowSSer said:
question:

so far, is it more durable than a king alu kog?

just curious.
 

·
ali'i hua
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JMH said:
I have an 18t endless and an 18t King. I have switched back and forth a coupla times to see if I noticed a difference. The endless doesn't burr as quickly, and is quieter. Not life-changing, but I can tell. Your results may vary?

But I have to admit I might prefer the look of the King. Marshall? How bout some fancy windows? =)

J

quickly.
2nd generation to be called "drillium" kick ass cogs. :D

thanks for the input. oh- and the cogs are 15 bucks cheaper than king!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Nice pic!
Thanks for the kind words from those who already have their KAC's.
Likely won't do any drillium versions. Being based in the southeast, we'd have to label them "muck catchers"....additionally, our appalachian soil likes to chew on bike parts. (does granite dust, particles, and chunks count as soil?)
 

·
HIYAH
Joined
·
754 Posts
wow those cogs look like they have a pretty wide base...guess it would not work seamlessly with my gusset kit huh? Course, I guess I could use spacers and half the gusset kit...
 

·
Only dead people are old
Joined
·
632 Posts
On-One said:
wow those cogs look like they have a pretty wide base...guess it would not work seamlessly with my gusset kit huh? Course, I guess I could use spacers and half the gusset kit...
Spacers work well (the Gusset requires a burly-file modification with these cogs - not worth the trouble). The Endless cog performs excellent and I find it to be super friendly on my weight weenie soft aluminum hubs.
 

·
ali'i hua
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sideways said:
Nice pic!
Thanks for the kind words from those who already have their KAC's.
Likely won't do any drillium versions. Being based in the southeast, we'd have to label them "muck catchers"....additionally, our appalachian soil likes to chew on bike parts. (does granite dust, particles, and chunks count as soil?)
hmm- decomposing granite is a large part of socal riding as well. so is dust.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top