Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slave to the grind
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the advice of many of the clydes on the board i finally went Ti.

Here are pics of my new Habanero. little flexy just enough to be comfy, sort of like a soft tail. No name yet but im thinking of Persephone.

im pretty impressed with the SRAM triggers stuff since ive been on shimano ever since. need a heavier spring though since all the pyslo does is bob bob bob......

awesome bike.. gorgeous ride, nice geometry, climbs like a mountain goat. much props out to the guys at Habanero and my LBS all terra for all the help.

after a couple of outings though.. im thinking that a is a hard tail is still a hard tail on rocky terrain which i sometimes go on.... i dont mind, but my back is beginning too..

hmmmm next project becomes a long travel dual suspension and my Hab becomes a single speed..... dammit there really is no end to to this spending...

Attachments

·
Who's that guy?
234 Posts
cherrybomber said:
need a heavier spring though since all the pyslo does is bob bob bob...
I have the same fork and getting the heavy duty spring totally changed it. I went from hating the fork to liking it. It's still not great but definatley a bargain for the price.

·
Steamroller
1,210 Posts
Psylos are not Clyde worthy

cherrybomber said:
need a heavier spring though since all the pyslo does is bob bob bob...... hmmmm next project becomes a long travel dual suspension and my Hab becomes a single speed..... dammit there really is no end to to this spending...
Unless you are a mini Clyde or they started making an extra extra firm spring, the spring won't help much, don't waste the money! I had a 2003 Psylo that came stock on a new FS bike, even with the extra firm spring it was a miserable fork. It seems the extra firm spring is still for rider from 180-210# and if you are 210, it is on the soft side. The Psylo is on the top of my list of worst forks ever owned (top two are Rock Shox). I was very disappointed with mine and sold it within 2 months to get a Marzocchi Z1 FR SL. My Marzocchis have air chambers allowing almost infinate adjustment up to a setting that is quite Clyde-worthy. They also have a reputation for being durable and reliable, though maybe not the lightest or most high tech. I've sold that bike and now run an MX pro on my FS bike and White Bros BW.8 on the SS bike.

If you don't like the Psylo now, you'll like it even less as an SS fork. IMHO, ditch it quick while it is new enough to get some money for and buy something different. SpeedGoat and Jenson USA both have smokin close-out deals on 2004 Marathon S forks.

In all fairness, for a light rider, the Psylo is supposed to be a pretty nice fork.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.