Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gears, beers and slices..
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say "great work guys" on what ended up being a fantastic course at the 24!!! Even as a solo, I never got sick of it. Love the increased singletrack - we need to keep that theme for next year.

By the way, you silly nannies from Misfit...loved the midway music, especially the G'n'R.

Back to the course. I can't ever remember hearing so many good things about a course. The pressure's on for next year's design, that's for sure, but please please please stick with the mucho singletrack theme. It rocked!

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
The alternation of doubletrack climbs and singletrack descents was excellent. Made passing relatively easy (I was passed a LOT) on the climbs once the riders had strung out. Also a couple of doubletrack whoops where you could really open up, even at night.

Course held up amazingly well considering the night rain.

Only criticism I heard was that the riders stayed bunched up too long after the start. A long grinding doubletrack climb might have strong folk out a bit more. But I don't know what's possible at Albion so might be talking out of my @ss.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would also have to agree that the course was awesome. I truly enjoyed every laps, the rain made the course a bit more interesting for the night lap. Again Great job Chico, can't wait for Hot August Night

·
bi-winning
11,109 Posts
I don't think I came across anyone who did not like the course this year, so I think it made the majority of people happy, myself included. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
487 Posts
I heard only good things as well. It was a great time and well organized and great course. I agree as well, the rain added to it and it only stayed tacky for a while and there was little mud after a few hours.
KIN

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The course was awesome, and the amount of singletrack was perfect. At first it felt weird, like it was missing a climb or something but it was very deceiving. The amount of climbing per lap kind of sneaks up on you. My legs were crying after the first 4 consecutive laps I didd, but there was still tons of fun sections to look forward to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.