Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to send out a public thanks to Keith, Rod, and everybody else that worked hard to put on the CCCX XC MTB series this year. It was big fun!

·
Are we there yet?
794 Posts
NoBalance said:
Yeah, good stuff. All they need now is to have BBQ and beer every race!
Now that would get me to be a more consistent racer there!!!

Did you race today? I'm waiting for the results to be posted. Last I checked I was still in first for my class for the series. And to think, I only raced twice. Sort of depressing ain't it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Photos Posted and A BIG thanks to the Organizers

What a great race series, CCCX people are great and a Big thanks to them for making it fun for everyone!! :thumbsup:

I just posted today pictures of the races and the podiums shots, they are in my flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Tripolar on most days
440 Posts
ibikergal said:
What a great race series, CCCX people are great and a Big thanks to them for making it fun for everyone!! :thumbsup:

I just posted today pictures of the races and the podiums shots, they are in my flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Nice pictures. I had a good time but my race was bad. My left hamstring had a different agenda for the day.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Tanned, rested, and ready to go

I was in 5th position for the first half lap and watched the leaders gap me as I recovered from the fast start. I knew I had four more laps to go and needed to pace myself. A few more riders in my group passed me but I caught up to them on the second lap where they reached the 4th place rider. I was in 5th when the 4th place rider mis shifted, causing me to dismount and run up the hill.

Helmets work

I quickly remounted after my run up, and was pedaling furiously when a yellow jacket decided to get in between me and my base layer. I tried to kill it as it stung my chest numerous times. My front wheel twisted in the sand and I went over the bars, landing first on the back of my head, followed by my left shoulder and elbow. I quickly got up and moved my bike out of the trail and watched my group ride away. I finally managed to kill that SOB and quickly took stock of my condition. Bloody Elbow + Broken Helmet = Race Finished.

I slowly rode to the finish line, where EMTs and a keg awaited. On the way back, I passed a rider in my group running along with a broken chain. He later swapped bikes with his sister's and asked if her bike made his butt look big. The EMTs cleaned me up and checked my neck and head. I returned to the car and washed off the rest of the dirt and PO. Then it was back to the EMTs for some bandages. After that, I changed my goal to getting everyone to finish the keg before the experts and pros ended their race. It was a valiant, and tasty effort.

·
Natural body armor
2,178 Posts
Results are already up.

That was a fun and fast course: I had to keep Kris and Matt at bay to hold my 4th position overall. I had a pretty good start and half of the first lap I passed Matt and Mike on one of the grunts. After that I tried to put as much distance as possible between us, with very little success... but I kept my 5th place all the way to the end and even tried to attack the 4th place (Team Roaring Mouse) - who gave me 5 secs at the finish.

Had a finish line sprint neck to neck with Mike: I chased the guy for the whole season and yesterday it was the first time I was able to finish ahead of him :D
I'd really hoped somebody caught that photo finish, but I haven't seen any pic yet.

Kris finished only 10 secs behind us, so 3rd, 4th and 5th place all within few seconds: he had a race all uphill to get on the podium from his 6th position overall and he did a great job :thumbsup:

It's my first medal (at least with a decent field size) and I'm pretty happy about it :thumbsup:
I'm enjoying this as next season I'll be moving up to Sport and it will take years before I'll ever get this close to the podium. Anyway, Carpe Diem!

After that it was all downhill, great BBQ courtesy of Jeff, Carmen, Steve and relaxing while cheering the sport guys and gals (and soaking in beer)

Thanks to the CCCX folks for putting this together: it's a lot of fun!
To make it even better next year free BBQ and beer at every race, like Lake Sonoma would be the icing on the cake. :thumbsup:

ZT

·
Registered
913 Posts
Zen_Turtle said:
Kris finished only 10 secs behind us, so 3rd, 4th and 5th place all within few seconds: he had a race all uphill to get on the podium from his 6th position overall and he did a great job :thumbsup
I saw the time differences when I checked the results this morning - wish I was there to try and mix it up with you guys! Sounds like it was an awesome race :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.