Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
yeah its on my stand as we speak, awaiting the removal off the reflectors, dork ring, and couch seat, if he didnt buy it i was going to buy it for my dad. it will defiantly get used.

What size was that epic?

·
dirt visionary
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Medium which just happened to be my size :D Couldn't have been any better.

·
My other ride is your mom
5,440 Posts
I wish my dad would get back into riding...I was going to sell him my bike over the summer...and then decided not to since he was not using it....guilty conscious I guess. Send the folks with too much money to me....all I get are low-balls on my CL listing.

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,316 Posts
Sick!! I loved my old stumpjumper. Nice pickup!

·
dirt visionary
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
no it wasn't stolen. Just got back from DNA and talked to them about it for a sec.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thats how I picked up my Heckler dirt cheap. It was an older, fairly well-off guy, who was told that the bike was what he needed the local trails. He didn't like the bike and wanted to buy a 29er, and he didn't want the Heckler.

There wasn't a mark on it either. Even the chainrings looked new.

·
"No Clue Crew"
1,231 Posts
88mustanggt said:
i made my buddy buy that 2009 enduro for 1300 the night it came up on CL. it is really the bike that was never ridden. he had a big " cushy" seat put on it and rode it for less than a week and came with a box of bike crap with some good stuff in it.
good call on that. I've been looking for a good deal on an XL all mountain and was mad that I didn't make it to that one in time. I'm glad it went to a rider and not a reseller.

·
Registered
287 Posts
yeah he was on a 2004ish enduro size L and it was to small so it will be going up on craigs in a few days. he is super excided about riding it this weekend. i stripped off all the "dork stuff" 1.5 pounds of stuff bolted to it that it didnt need and a 2.5 lb seat. haha some peoples kids

·
Registered
311 Posts
clockwork said:
OH and if anyone sees a guy wearing a FULL FACE helmet and riding an epic in the next few weeks DON'T tackle me PLEASE. I gave my xc helmet away sometime ago and need to get another. Never bothered me trail riding with the full face on the sxtrail but with this bike its just going to look retarded and like I stole the bike :lol:
Haha. Get back on CL and pick up a new helmet, you could prob get one for free with your negotiating skills.

·
dirt visionary
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Maadjurguer said:
That's when you say you could not afford, to NOT buy it. I use that line all the time......but schnookums, I can't afford to NOT buy this XTR crankset because it's 50% off right now....nice score.

:lol: Thats how it was I really couldn't afford to spend the cash right now but I was like I couldn't afford to pass it up either. She agreed :D

So I just got to live on a tighter budget this week .

·
Registered
410 Posts
I once bought a 1800$ home theater subwoofer for 200$ off cl. Same story, older retired exec bought a new one and was dumping this one before his wife came home from a trip.

Not that any one cares about my ginormous thx ultra II certified 15 inch 85 lb 350 watt 140 db class g mini fridge sized sub wooofer. (it is undoubtsably better than yours, dont even try).

·
Registered
153 Posts
randyharris said:
Now if I could only find a similar deal on an Ultegra equipped roadie...
Ditto! I have been looking at every road bike on CL for a month and most of the stuff is over priced or not my size. There are some really drunk people on there.

·
dirt visionary
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Saw a new older enduro 2006 I think for 800 not bad either. Still had reflectors on it .

·
Registered
139 Posts
clockwork said:
OH and if anyone sees a guy wearing a FULL FACE helmet and riding an epic in the next few weeks DON'T tackle me PLEASE. I gave my xc helmet away sometime ago and need to get another. Never bothered me trail riding with the full face on the sxtrail but with this bike its just going to look retarded and like I stole the bike :lol:
Clock, you DID steal it :D . Nice buy man. :thumbsup: Just be sure to keep pedaling right on by NRA while on Twisted Sister. That bike can't jump. :nono:

·
dirt visionary
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
:lol: yeah that will be the hardest thing to do is not jump it while out riding as I like to jump while trailriding also.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts