Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to CL and people with too much money I get to catch up on some good long trail rides thanks to a local MTB'r with too much money :D Picked up a sweet 2007 epic expert in pristen shape for 450 yup thats right . Clicked on one of those darn Specialized mtb for 500 adds expecting to see yet another over priced old ground control fsr only to see it was an epic with all the good bits . Reason for sell it was he just got the 2010 carbon epic and wifey said bike needed to go .

Score for me :D see ya on the trails more once again will be alot better than pedaling the sxtrail around all the time.

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pics

·
Just Joshin' ya!
1,980 Posts
Wow, that is a nice score.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Holy crap! Did you at least give him a kiss and promise to call later :p

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol:

·
"No Clue Crew"
1,231 Posts
Man, that is awesome. Congrats !
I almost bought the 2009 enduro that was " bought by my dad to ride in a charity event and only ridden once " for $1300 but someone else beat me to it. :mad: The thing was awesome. I've never seen a 6" travel bike with a big, thick, padded, old man seat before !

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I really didn't need another bike as I have a dhr, sxtrail,a sx, a jamis dakar and now an epic also. But for the price I just couldn't pass. As was mentioned I also thought it was too good to be true. Well that was until I met the dude and he started talking about DNA, Don and the employees. I left grining ear to ear :D

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
Wow, great deal Clock. I have the EXACT same bike (year, color, components, etc). I got it brand new on an incredibly deal that I won't mention but damn, $500?! That's an insanely good deal!

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:lol: $450 I talked him down :p

·
My other ride is your mom
5,440 Posts
That's when you say you could not afford, to NOT buy it. I use that line all the time......but schnookums, I can't afford to NOT buy this XTR crankset because it's 50% off right now....nice score.

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:lol: Correct I had a rough time sleeping last night as I was just so giddy over it .. The guy I bought it from said he got a deal and only paid 2800 for it on closeout and he said it was an 06 which its not.

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OH and if anyone sees a guy wearing a FULL FACE helmet and riding an epic in the next few weeks DON'T tackle me PLEASE. I gave my xc helmet away sometime ago and need to get another. Never bothered me trail riding with the full face on the sxtrail but with this bike its just going to look retarded and like I stole the bike :lol:

·
Registered
287 Posts
i made my buddy buy that 2009 enduro for 1300 the night it came up on CL. it is really the bike that was never ridden. he had a big " cushy" seat put on it and rode it for less than a week and came with a box of bike crap with some good stuff in it.

·
dirt visionary
6,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I seen that enduro pop up and I was like wow. Damn good price. Just didn't have that to splurge and already have enough bikes in the 5-6" Good to see another rider got it instead of that guy that buys bikes just to part out. I have been guilty of that myself but only when I can use most of the parts myself.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts