Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Understanding that the TFL Challenge was a ride and not a "race", does anyone know the time for the first group that finished? How many started? Finished ?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
aeb said:
Understanding that the TFL Challenge was a ride and not a "race", does anyone know the time for the first group that finished? How many started? Finished ?
The guy that I finished with and I came in at 2:32. Too bad they don't keep tabs on that.
Lou.

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
aeb said:
No clue as to Finish times...

i think we were the last group to get registered in the morning and we were 248 - 251. Great turn out
Lotta fun but couldn't keep the pace of the Advanced group, so the three of us rode our own pace, and enjoyed the day. The Field was half empty a little after 2:30PM when we finished.
Felt the course took some of the best downhills in Dupont Forest and made climbs out of them (they need to work on the route for next year!) too much climbin prime singletrack and bombing down fire roads should've been the other way around! . Mine Mountain and Laurel Trails were a blast. here are some pix that i took.

my plan was take a bunch of shots while riding, well after the first climb, and downhill i decided no shots, just rode. had a great ride.

Attachments

·
5,326 Posts
Flight 248 your clear for takeoff!

Flight 248 your clear for takeoff! view from the Airstrip!

climbin' that sweet singletrack to go down a Fire Road, what were they thinkin'?

Attachments

·
5,326 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not too far off advanced pace.

Brado, if you managed to finish at 2:30 and take all those pics, you were doing pretty well.

I appreciate your posting of the pics. You are quite the photographer.

Did they shorten the ride this year to fit into the 4 hr. forest service time limit?

This would be a great venue for a longer event.

·
5,326 Posts
Riding with the sweeps!

aeb said:
Brado, if you managed to finish at 2:30 and take all those pics, you were doing pretty well.

I appreciate your posting of the pics. You are quite the photographer.

Did they shorten the ride this year to fit into the 4 hr. forest service time limit?

This would be a great venue for a longer event.
They shut down check points and rerouted for the stragglers... we were just ahead of the sweeps and once we finished Mine Mtn and Laurel to Corn Mill Shoals trail they had the route to Lower Bridal Veil and so we didn't make the cut and had to take Conservation Rd and then Buck Forest back we only did 21miles

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Nice pics Brado. Didn't realize how many people were at the start of the advanced race. I was happy to be the 4th or 5th by the cone.
And that's another thing, I thought they would've moved the cone and tape. Looked like it would've been a major bottleneck.
Lou.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.