Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
Hans,

Is Nate's test rig running a Lyrik? I would love to hear from people about how "all-mountain-ish/light freerde-ish" a Mojo can be built. Any plans to increase travel on the Mojo or release a new design next year?

Thanks.

Michael

·
Registered
598 Posts
mmm...northstar....That place is rad. And for those who haven't had the opportunity of riding there, the trails are exceedingly burly. I felt under equipped with my 7" travel dh rig. So if the mojo can withstand that sort of abuse I really have no fears of me breaking mine.

·
Registered
194 Posts
All Mountain Mojo

Soon I'll let you guy know how an Enduro Style Mojo handles. I get my 08 MOJO SL in mid December. Here is the build

Frame: 08 Mojo SL clear matte (M) w/ DHX 5.0
Fork: 08 Fox 36 Talas
Brakes: Formula Puro 180/160 combo
Wheels: Mavic 819 w/ Chris King Hubs
Tires: UST Kenda Nevegals 2.1
Components XTR everything including XTR Shadow rear.

As soon as I get the frame I'll slap everthing together and I'll post some pix.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Ok...so that small 3ft drop I shy'ed away from cause I was to worried about breaking my spanking new frame was something I could of done... I use to cruize over it with my Switchblade... I am just so scared of breaking this beauty

·
Registered
230 Posts
It won't break! I know first hand that this bike can take everything I can dish out! I don't huck, but I hit air off two to three foot drops all the time and the bike holds it's own very well!
The only problems that I've experienced are component, which happen anyway!
5 Months
3700 miles.
Worn out uppers on Fox RLC (3 overhauls)
New XTR rings, chain & cassette.
New ceramic BB bearings
Rear Derailleur (Broken Spring)
Two Broken XTR spokes (1 front & 1 back, both drive side)
Three Sets of Kenda Nevegals.
New Handlebar Grips
& Lots of frikkin good rides!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.