Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently the 800 slots for the Test of Metal in Squamish, BC sold out in under an hour last night.

I was online at 5:45 hitting Refresh every few seconds and got my spot. When I tried to log back on to the registration page a few minutes later, the site never loaded. Servers must have been hammered. My power then went out a few minutes later so I really lucked out!

Mental Note: Buy a Power backup system before registering for CCP.

So who else got in? 67km in BC in June could be nice. Could be cold and wet and miserable too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got in. My first race ever. I was told it sold out fast so like you I was refreshing at about 5:55. When I got through it said there were 798 spots left, so still 2 people got in ahead of me. Anyways like I said, it's my first race ever, and since I only live 2 hours away, all the people I ride with do it every year. My goal is under 4 hours, but I'm dropping my weight form 265 down to 220 in the meantime, so it's a big goal. Ultimately I would like to do the trans-rockies or the BC Bike race the summer I turn 40, 2010. We also have the winter olympics in town that year so it should be a fun year. Good luck and I'll see you there, even though I probably won't know who you are.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts