Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally received my Terralogic for the Rush today and it calls for a miniscule amount of air (45 psi) compared to the DLR. I have a low pressure pump but it seems like it only takes half a stroke to get to the proper pressure. The when I put the pump back on to check the pressure it reads zero. Is the volume that small in the air chamber or do I need a different pump?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have had my new Rush for about six weeks and I also have the Fox TT fork, but I run about 80 lbs in my fork because my weight is around 210 lbs. I use a standard shock pump, 0-300 psi to set air pressure in both the fork and rear shock. I would think the pump you have would work fine, and you may be correct about the pressure dropping when you hook it up because of the small volume of air.

I have a question too, with inertia valve turned all the way up for highest threshold, I can still get some pedal bob when I stand on pedals. I am wondering if I should increase air pressure to see if I can eliminate bob?

BTW, here is the Cannondale link to the TT fork: http://www.cannondale.com/Asset/iu_files/tech_center/118543_RUSH_Setupguide.pdf

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that is the same chart I was using to set up the fork. I am concerned that using a normal shock pump it seems like I only need half a stroke to get the pressure up to 45-50 psi from zero. I am used to having to pump several times, I guess the air chamber must be really small?

·
Registered
101 Posts
The problem you are having is the core of the schrader valve is not being depressed by your pump. So you are pressurising the tiny bit of hose between the gauge and the end of the hose.

Try tightening the pump chuck on the valve a bit more. I just filled mine today after some service and it was 30+ pumps to get to 55psi, your results should be similar. If tighter doesn't do it it's possible that the schrader core could be slightly too short. The center part of the core (that you press to release air) should be flush to 2mm below the top of the valve. If it is deeper then this the chuck can't reach deep enough to press it in.

As for the slight bob, this is the feeling of the trail tune. Adding more air will not change anything.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured it out before raelx posted but that's exactly what the problem was. I took a closer look at the valve and the pin is pretty far down in there. I had to really tighten down the pump to get it to reach.

That said I did my first ride and thought it worked well. Almost no movement when standing yet reacted to most of the small bumps. I'm not sure how much of a difference the sensitivity knob makes, I didn't notice a big difference, either in bobbing or reaction to small bumps. Maybe it takes time to break in.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I definitely notice a difference in bobbing with adjustment of valve, and as I mentioned about, with it tightened all the way, I still get a very small amount of bob, but I do weigh 210+ w/pack.

I usually back off valve about six turns when trail riding because trails are rocky and rooty. I think this fork works extremely well and I have never noticed any kind of flex, except for tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.