Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Feeding your addiction
2,645 Posts
crux said:
Anyone riding a teramoto yet? Impressions? Setup?

Reason I ask is a few of my bikes got pinched and looking for replacement.
Damn, what happened?

No Terremoto's available yet. They are still waiting on downtubes from the tubing supplier. Should be soon though.

Larry
Mountain High Cyclery
[email protected]

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Garage got broken into and they pretty much wiped me out. They got most all of my tools, parts, and the bikes.

I'm going to miss my El Fuego it was a great race bike that did double duty as an epic bike. She was my first real frame that really got me addicted to the sport and thrill of riding (Thanks Sherwood). The El Toro soon followed the Fuego effectively just so I could try the single speed thing out. That Darn Sherwood got me addicted to another form of mountain biking. The Toro is the fastest handling and accelerating bike with a front fork that I've ever ridden and just carved through the switchbacks.

The Titus was an attempt at getting a longer travel trail bike. While it is a very nice bike I never quite developed the connection that I did with the Ventanas. It got out a few times, but just found myself grabbing either Ventana instead.

Thats the short of it, now just need to work with insurance and see what can be done to recover.

Attachments

·
Single Speed Junkie
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
El Beastro said:
There must be something about Ventanas and Titus Switchblades being stolen together. The same thing happened to me in '04.

:madman:

BTW....I've got one of the first Terramotos ordered and to my knowledge, the frames aren't even welded up yet.

--Beast
Just let us know how she rides when you finally get your hands on her then. Sorry to hear bout your loss in 04.

·
Tame the Penguin!
1,083 Posts
crux said:
Just let us know how she rides when you finally get your hands on her then. Sorry to hear bout your loss in 04.
The insurance company came through and we got the bikes replaced......they the insurance company dropped us so we had to get another insurance company. I got the chance to ride my SS exclusively for 4 months while we waited for an insurance check and then built up my replacement bike.

It all worked out in the end. The creep who stole the bikes got nabbed and he's doing his time at a Federal Penitentiary. He had a few other felony counts under her belt so the courts decided to make an impression on him.

:thumbsup:

We'll hope your story turns out as well.

I'll keep the forum abreast on the Terramoto when she shows up.......

--Beast

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.