Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
I've heard that I.C. King Park and Concord Park in Knoxville are very good though I haven't gotten to ride them myself yet. There are very good reviews on them in the trail reviews section of MTBR.com.

If you feel like a short road trip up to the Tri-Cities, Warrior's Path is great for riders of all skill levels. Warrior's is basically all single track with technical features on all loops. If you get to a technical feature you aren't comfortable with, don't be ashamed to walk it, we've all done it starting out. Check out www.ntmba.org for the MTB club here in the Tri-Cities. If you post in the forum that you are wanting to come up, I'm sure you will find no shortage of responses for people willing to give you the nickle tour of the place.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
herpclimber said:
Yall know of any good trails in east Tennessee?

Im a beginner with little experience so looking for something not to hard but still a lot of fun :)

Im in knoxville
If you're in Knoxville and just getting started IC King would be a great place to ride. Go
here for more info.
The "East Tennessee mountainbike rides" link on the bottom of the page will take to a great source of info. Here you will find links to other local rides. Haw Ridge, Norris and Concord park are all great local rides.

You also might want to post your question at www.knoxvillecycling.com and see if someone there might offer some more input.

Matt

·
Registered
754 Posts
Tanasi Trails in Ocoee

I can't believe nobody's posted here about the tanasi trails at Ocoee whitewater center near ducktown TN. About 20 minutes NW of Ellijay, GA (another MTB mecca). There is nothing too steep at Ocoee, say the climbs are a 7 on a scale of 1-10, so you can ride there all day without getting tired, and the place is just plain fun. You can also hit the rapids for some rafting as well after riding. Trailhead is at the whitewater center. If you go, MAKE SURE you hit the Thunder Rock Express downhill. It's only maybe 2 miles long, but you'll have a smile plastered on your face for a week.

-T

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
If you are going to Tanasi don't forget the 20+ miles of trails at Chilhowee (I actually prefer them over Tanasi) and they are just 15 minutes down the road.

The Ocoee is a mecca often overlooked. We rode Brush Creek and Boyds Gap Saturday and that trail is a blast too (Just up the road from Tanasi about 2 miles)

·
YRTRNRSHVY
558 Posts
I agree that the Chilhowee trails are great too. I have never gotten to ride the Tanasi trails. One time I was going down to ride and they were having a controlled burn so the trails were closed, so it was back to Chilhowee. I live in Knoxville and work in Oak Ridge so I usually ride at Haw Ridge. Lots of variety at Haw Ridge. Norris (north of Knoxville) has some technically fairly easy trails. Mostly jeep road with a fair amount of climbing. 90% of my riding is either Concorde or Haw Ridge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.