Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SDG Bel Air
X9 shifter/X7 Derauler (sp?) I figure youll lose it sooner or later... (shifters tend to stay in one peice, other than broken glass)
Maxxis Minion
El Caminoes
Kona Jack sh1ts
Holzfeller Kit
Cane Creek XC (its 1.5 right?)

(Sunday comes with Seatpost/Headset/Rear Hub)

This will be with frame from my LBS (they said if this is cheaper, why not do it...) and components from Soul Cycles (so yes that means i will buy a Loki frame and build that up over time...) I will also see the prices by my LBS (im sponsored by them...) the only change might be a Boxxer team/wc...

Id have a Boxxer but they no longer have Rock Shoxs. And i dont really want a Slider/dhx combo... (let alone a slider/6 way )

Ideas? this is meant to be as high end as possible, while being as cheap as it can (yes i will be skimping on cassete/chain) so tell me what you think.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Red Bull said:
SDG Bel Air
X9 shifter/X7 Derauler (sp?) I figure youll lose it sooner or later... (shifters tend to stay in one peice, other than broken glass)
Maxxis Minion
El Caminoes
Kona Jack sh1ts
Holzfeller Kit
Cane Creek XC (its 1.5 right?)

(Sunday comes with Seatpost/Headset/Rear Hub)

This will be with frame from my LBS (they said if this is cheaper, why not do it...) and components from Soul Cycles (so yes that means i will buy a Loki frame and build that up over time...) I will also see the prices by my LBS (im sponsored by them...) the only change might be a Boxxer team/wc...

Id have a Boxxer but they no longer have Rock Shoxs. And i dont really want a Slider/dhx combo... (let alone a slider/6 way )

Ideas? this is meant to be as high end as possible, while being as cheap as it can (yes i will be skimping on cassete/chain) so tell me what you think.
go tubeless with a UST rim

·
P-51 Crew Chief #38
603 Posts
Damn dude you still have no bike. Quite talking and start riding. This is like the 20th bike you a supposed to get.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dhtahoe said:
Damn dude you still have no bike. Quite talking and start riding. This is like the 20th bike you a supposed to get.
Tell me about it :rolleyes: (and thats not to you, thats too me...) Well, i was GOING to get an IH sunday, going to order it very soon, but they are now sold out. And i was going to get the Demo 9 but i couldent sell my bike in time... Now im building a bike for sure, It will be one of the two i stated...

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Red Bull said:
Tell me about it :rolleyes: (and thats not to you, thats too me...) Well, i was GOING to get an IH sunday, going to order it very soon, but they are now sold out. And i was going to get the Demo 9 but i couldent sell my bike in time... Now im building a bike for sure, It will be one of the two i stated...
how about a rocky mountain? :rolleyes:

nice, but for pure dh (sorry smt) i'd go w/ a boxxer.... or a dorado
and don't skimp on any sh!t.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
JBsoxB said:
i've just heard that those oare for pure dh, and i would take one of those over an 888 or pure dh... just IMO.
yeah but the Boxxers (I have heard) require more mientnence and the 888 you can thrash around and you shouldnt have any problems.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
MTBSully said:
yeah but the Boxxers (I have heard) require more mientnence and the 888 you can thrash around and you shouldnt have any problems.
so if you have money (for repairs and to buy it) get a boxxer or a dorado... otherwise the 888 should be fine.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
your a lost cause mate...

if after seeing Turner DHRiders brand new Sunday frame you still cant decide on a bike then i think, you need stand in the corner and recieve no dinner untill you can think straight...

i say Boxxer/Dorado/888RC on a Sunday frame with 829s, UST tyres and just bloody get a bike and stop posting about getting one allready...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.