Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of mountain biking for about ten years. I just bought a new Bronson C and I was wondering if anyone knows of groups or clubs that ride around murrieta,ca ?

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I moved from Big Bear to Murrieta(2007-2011)...then back to Big Bear where I'm not going back from again.....the move was a severely failed( and costly) experience.
I couldn't believe how hard it was to find any riding groups or anyone to ride with in that area, also the riding is so limited. I did find a group for road riding though.
I rode from my house( Guava, De Luz, Hayes) to the SRP mostly, but know of riding north of Clinton Keith, Vail Lake and a couple of areas down south, Daley Ranch, Los Penequitos, Lake Hodges, Calvera, etc.
I would try, if I remember the shop name, The Bike Shop off Hwy 79 in Vail Ranch, they seem the most friendly of the local shops.
Good luck in finding people to ride, I found people really standoffish and hard to get to know down there, a complete opposite from Big Bear.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Stop by Jax Bicycle and chat with them. For mountain bikes, they do a group ride on sunday afternoon (around 5 pm) and a night ride on thursdays. From there you can certainly network and start tagging along.

They also have road group rides on monday, wednesday and saturdays. Very friendly bunch.

Every time I go for a ride there is no shortage on friendly people out there.

I am not familiar with Big Bear but I would guess that most people who live up there love the outdoors and choose to live there because of the opportunities to be outside doing what they love.

On the other hand majority of population in Temecula/Murrieta live there because they wanted to get their kids in a better school system and could not afford to reside in the better areas within San Diego and LA counties. It is a commuter community.

With all that said, every time I have wanted to go on a group ride I have been able to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
When we were down there, the schools were attractive, that was part of reason we moved to the area, but the schools and the teachers up here turned out to be just as good.
What i really didn't like was the(and I know it might offend some, sorry) conservative, christian, *******, metal mulisha, I'm better than you attitude. After 4 years, we only had a handful of friends and 1 family in which we would do things with. Up here it was right back to our old friends and several other new ones...just some of the people down there need to lighten up...again, sorry if I offended anyone.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Aloha, I know you have a SC but hey, Turner's out there in Murieta, give the boys there a call. Maybe they know. I've met Dave and crew, they're super nice and cool!!

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Turner, Intense and Mountain Cycle are based in the area.
gnats, I don't live in the area anymore, but use to visit Turner every once in a while.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Turner, Intense and Mountain Cycle are based in the area.
gnats, I don't live in the area anymore, but use to visit Turner every once in a while.
Yup, knew that. I couldn't speak for the other manufacturers because I never went there or met them. I'm sure there are cool people at each though. I can certainly speak for Dave and the gang there. All super cool!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts