Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Next month I am traveling from Washington state to Colorado and Utah to attend the Front Range Cyclist Show (March 19) and the GRIT Epic 50 (St George UT, March 26.

But the main part of the tour is to find the trails you ride everyday. The best trail is the one you are on.
Where should I stop to ride? Can you take me for a ride on your trails?
My route is open, help me plan it.

I will be talking about my Out There Tour in Colorado Springs, and you can be a part of the story.

see you Out There!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
How long are you going to be Out There? You should come to the Black Hills Fat Tire Fest May 27 - 30 if your tour will run that long. It's a good time, lots of cool folks from all over come to the fest, lots of good trails here.

One more thing, word is that there will be a downhill race on Strider push bikes this. I saw the demo runs last year and it was a hoot.

http://www.bhfattirefestival.com/

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Airborne said:
How long are you going to be Out There? You should come to the Black Hills Fat Tire Fest May 27 - 30 if your tour will run that long. It's a good time, lots of cool folks from all over come to the fest, lots of good trails here.

One more thing, word is that there will be a downhill race on Strider push bikes this. I saw the demo runs last year and it was a hoot.

http://www.bhfattirefestival.com/
This is just one of many trips I will make this year, each 1-3 weeks long.

I have the BH Fest on my long list, and the Black Hills in general. Is this your home area?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Fat Travels

Got a Fat Bike yet Shiggy? Replacing my tired old Cabelas Guide Dome w/ an MSR Stormking and planning to take some assorted Dune Trips. Oregon's coastal dunes for sure but also researching several other potential FBish areas. The south east Oregon high desert has allot of potential. Especially the Christmas Valley Dunes and the area east of Summer Lake (hot springs at Summer Lake). Fat bikes are taking me (and my cycling) to new and interesting places to explore even close to home. this was a couple weekends back at Beverly Dunes here in Wa. State.

Good luck in your travels! I have 2 fatties if you ever want to stop in for a spin...
Cheers!
-ward

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No fat bike yet, Ward. Would love to connect for a ride. It could be easy to join you at the start or end of any of my trips, or make a run down.

The Christmas Valley dunes are cool. I spent a night in the Lost Forest, right next to the dunes. Lots of fun stuff around there including Fort Rock, Crack in the Ground and Hole in the Ground.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Shiggy!!! You need a D.O.D decal on that van. Might be a cool thing to collect from different clubs on your travels. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jollybeggar said:
Shiggy!!! You need a D.O.D decal on that van. Might be a cool thing to collect from different clubs on your travels. Good luck!
Jolly, look at the lower left rear window!

Place and club decals are part of the plan. Owing to run them down the sides next to the "shiggy's Out There" logos.
I need to find some for Longview and Lorane (may have to settle for Eugene or CG).

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I'll PM you my email. Feel free to drop me a line if your coming this way (I'm in the Yakima area). The guy's at Revolution Cycles bought Pugslys this year as well so two more fat partners in the area now. Early Spring through late, late Fall there are "No Host" "Thursday Night Rides" at the Cowiche Conservancy. Usually get started between 5:30 & 6:30... A fella often show's up on an On One 29'er w/ Marys... Cool ride! I also spend quite a bit of time at Ocean Shores, great place to try Fat Bikes! Seriously, If you get the itch to really try these things out in they're element, let's plan to cross path's one of these days!

Happy Trails,
-ward

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Hey Shiggy, start a thread over on The Front Range Forum and let us know when you'll be in the area. We're mainly in the Denver area (Denver, Boulder, Longmont) and, who knows, maybe there'll be some dry trails for you to ride by then (I hope I hope I hope). You never know this time of year.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
screampint said:
Well, you have to drive through the Grand Valley anyway, so you need to stop and say hello. And ride, and partake in food and beverages.

I'll show you around here:

I will take you up on that, sp

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mattbryant2 said:
As a matter of fact, I do. I work at WWU and will be off for spring break during that time. Was hoping to do some kind of biking trip, actually.

Either way, I'll be happy to show you the best of Bellingham anytime. :)
Matt, email me. Maybe we can work something out.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
xcguy said:
Hey Shiggy, start a thread over on The Front Range Forum and let us know when you'll be in the area. We're mainly in the Denver area (Denver, Boulder, Longmont) and, who knows, maybe there'll be some dry trails for you to ride by then (I hope I hope I hope). You never know this time of year.
Done, thanks.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ward said:
I'll PM you my email. Feel free to drop me a line if your coming this way (I'm in the Yakima area). The guy's at Revolution Cycles bought Pugslys this year as well so two more fat partners in the area now. Early Spring through late, late Fall there are "No Host" "Thursday Night Rides" at the Cowiche Conservancy. Usually get started between 5:30 & 6:30... A fella often show's up on an On One 29'er w/ Marys... Cool ride! I also spend quite a bit of time at Ocean Shores, great place to try Fat Bikes! Seriously, If you get the itch to really try these things out in they're element, let's plan to cross path's one of these days!

Happy Trails,
-ward
Ward, I will have to join you for some of the night rides. I had been part of the weekly DOD night rides (Eugene OR) since '85 (rain, moonshine or snow), with as many as 30 riders.

Tried to start night rides up here and max turnout has been three, and usually just me.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts