Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a very experienced cross country type, but I have the chance to be at a DH park about 10 or so times during the summer. I have been riding my Tallboy (I love that bike) on the DH trails and doing okay, but I would rather have more travel and also something dedicated. I want to advance my skills, but not a huge amount. I love technical but I am not a jumper but I can catch a little bit of air on tables. No gap jumps in my future... ever. I love the rocks, however. I don't want to spend a lot of money, so I am looking at the Canyon Sender (low build). I would rather have a new bike and get the warranty. Over the years, I have have bought about 8 used bikes and have had a few regrets, so thinking new this time around. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm in a similar situation and skill level. After wading through the used market I'd rather just buy a low end new bike like a sender or a commencal furious. Everyone I speak to at the bike park with a DH rig loves it and they always say how less beat up they are and how much more fun they have than on their trail/enduro bike. They also say they'll try stuff on the DH bike first that they wouldn't on their trail bike and then go back and do it on their trail bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.