Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
a tight kick sound
Joined
·
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some more info on this rig. I have done some searches and got a general sense about this frame. 67 deg HA, 73 SA, lower SO, 1.5 HT and 12mm maxle. 175-195mm travel.

For a DH build a stout Wheel set, Dual crown fork and and angle reducer headset should be killer. This thing would sit right at 64.9 HA, same seat angle, lower BB height and longer wheel base! MMMmm mmmmm good!

What I am really looking for is info on bb height and weight of full builds. I would like to know if this thing can be built into the low 30lb range with air and air, lite wheels and tires.

I know all about Nicolai frames so I am sure this thing is plenty strong on the DH side with the right parts. What I am wondering is, can I get it lite enough to ride all day if I need to?

Thanks and any pics you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
 

·
steep fast and loose :)
Joined
·
3,270 Posts
boone said:
What I am really looking for is info on bb height and weight of full builds. I would like to know if this thing can be built into the low 30lb range with air and air, lite wheels and tires.
simple answer, No ... don't be daft. the AM struggles to beat 30lb FFS !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
The_Lecht_Rocks said:
simple answer, No ... don't be daft. the AM struggles to beat 30lb FFS !
5 days! a whole 5 days and the new year resolution is broken!:D

Boone
mines the koi camo elsewhere on the board. I've written a couple of reviews somewhere. I've no time just now but i'll look them up later if you don't find them. anything specific you want to know drop me a line.

low 30's is pushing it. I'm sure it can be done(folks have done it with FR's and the frame weights the same) but it would spoil it IMO. Mines 40lb although I reckon 38's acheivable for what I want. dereks is 36 or so with hammerschmidt
 

·
just ride the thing!!
Joined
·
21 Posts
dipper said:
5 days! a whole 5 days and the new year resolution is broken!:D

Boone
mines the koi camo elsewhere on the board. I've written a couple of reviews somewhere. I've no time just now but i'll look them up later if you don't find them. anything specific you want to know drop me a line.

low 30's is pushing it. I'm sure it can be done(folks have done it with FR's and the frame weights the same) but it would spoil it IMO. Mines 40lb although I reckon 38's acheivable for what I want. dereks is 36 or so with hammerschmidt
Ah she's a bute, just checked out your beast on your web page...says its a demo.... can i have a go....?:)
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><V:pNicolai Helius AFR in stunning Dizzy Koi Camo paintjob!!!!! tis a thing o beauty....:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,407 Posts
funkmonk3 said:
Ah she's a bute, just checked out your beast on your web page...says its a demo.... can i have a go....?:)
<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><V:pNicolai Helius AFR in stunning Dizzy Koi Camo paintjob!!!!! tis a thing o beauty....:thumbsup:
where you been? thought you were deid!:D

course you can have a shot. be right up your street i reckon. Give me a shout when you can see the ground
 

·
just ride the thing!!
Joined
·
21 Posts
i recon i would be up my street.... would you take the grifter as a trade in?

dipper said:
where you been? thought you were deid!:D

course you can have a shot. be right up your street i reckon. Give me a shout when you can see the ground
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top