Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gears, beers and slices..
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gearing up for Summer Solstice, but I've never been to Albion before. I'm solo, so I'm sharing a site with 4 others.

When do people generally move in?
Is there a rush hour to avoid?

In a solo site - do I have room for a sleeping tent/shelter, a dining tent, and a car? Are there any special rules or do's and don'ts?

I'm thinking about a noon Friday move in...I assume that will be plenty good in terms of beating the crowd??? Once I'm in, am I stuck? I may have to leave Friday night.

Any help would be appreciated, or even better, some pics of the solo areas would be great so I can get an idea of what set-up can look like.

·
More than a little slow
654 Posts
It's a campground, most of the solo sites are right next to the paved road. Some of the sites are smaller than the others so don't get too carried away with filling up the site when you set up, you may have to shuffle stuff around so that everyone can fit on the site. In general, four solos should be able to set up a dining tent each and a smaller sleeping tent without any problem. Crowding on all the cars as well could get difficult but there is overflow parking around ( don't park on the road).
If you set up on friday you will be able to get out without any problem. You should also be able to pack up and leave any time through the weekend if you have to.
It's a pretty calm experience really. There's almost nothing that can't be solved by talking to your fellow racers on the site. They all tend to bend over backwards to help out and settle in.
Have a good race ....

·
Gears, beers and slices..
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fantastic. Usually solo's are a pretty tame and good natured bunch - it's the brotherhood of crazy people, so I'm not worried about that. I just wanted to make sure that there is ample room for everyone to be able to set up without crowding or making it tight for others. I'll likely be setting up Friday daytime then taking off for a while, and I'd hate for others to arrive and feel squeezed. Sounds like it should all work out well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.