Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting the Maverick Comp DS bike from Sportschek up here in Toronto, Canada for $350....anybody have opinions on it?

I am just starting to get into mb.....not really going to do any major trails..
So thought getting something entry level might be better to start..

How's the components on that bike? its got the V-brakes instead of disc brake...I assume disc brakes would be better?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
This is an entry level mountain bike. It is made for purely recreational use, not for jumping, hard riding, or anything like that. If you are riding on sidewalks and the occasional ride on fire roads with the family, then this is the bike for you. If you are planning to ride agressively at all, a Warrior series bike would be a much better choice.

Hope this helps

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
how about the iron horse warrior team FS selling at sportchek? can u go ride more agressively? or is it also a entry level mtb taht cost like 300bucks more

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
yeppi said:
how about the iron horse warrior team FS selling at sportchek? can u go ride more agressively? or is it also a entry level mtb taht cost like 300bucks more
edit:

The 5" travel Warrior is a great frame, and is made to ride more aggressively in the woods, but the one that Sport Chek is selling is identical to a Maverick, It really should only be used for recreational use.

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
but the thing is that ppl say that warrior bike that sportchek sell is the frame of the maverick .. cuz the pivot point is behind the seat tube

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
yeppi said:
but the thing is that ppl say that warrior bike that sportchek sell is the frame of the maverick .. cuz the pivot point is behind the seat tube
You are totally right. I had no idea that the canadian distributor had a 4" model with the Warrior name. The 4" frame is really designed only for recreational riding, but the 5" frame can take more aggressive use.

Sorry for the misinformation earlier, my bad.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts