Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
telegraph pass

Yeh man, cool tail, trying to get into downhill, rode that trail, a little difficult for me, had to get off my bike 2 times, one time unvoluntararly. Does South mtn have any other trails that are good, long technical single track? I was up there and got a map from the bike shop but couldn't really find a trail that seemed to take you to the bottom, maybe it was monument trail, can't remember but it is the furthest parking lot at the top?

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
That would be National Trail, it's the main ride out at SoMo. Some other good options are Javelina (not too technical but fast and fun), Mormon (down to 24th Street, very tech but no fun to climb). It really depends on where you want to end up though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess the best way if your by yourself is just to park at the bottom and ride, hike up, right? Also, Mormon trail would be on the same tech level as telegraph, or more? Ill be in phoenix first week in October, is there a group ride or a bike shop where i could hook up with some folk?

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
dreynolds said:
I guess the best way if your by yourself is just to park at the bottom and ride, hike up, right? Also, Mormon trail would be on the same tech level as telegraph, or more? Ill be in phoenix first week in October, is there a group ride or a bike shop where i could hook up with some folk?
Just post up here again when you're ready to ride, there is always people going out that would be happy to show you around, especially in October when they turn the oven off in this place.

·
I need to ride more.
150 Posts
Roadies on Telegraph Pass

Saw something Sunday morning I hadn't seen before.

A roadie was riding his bike up the paved part of Telegraph pass as I was hiking up it. I thought that was odd considering how rough that pavement was...figured he was going to the end of the paved section and then would turn around and come back.

I continued hiking, got about 2/3 of the way up and saw him carrying his road bike up Telegraph. He was hike-a-biking up the trail to get to the road.

I got to the top and he met a friend at the top and then they rode up towards the towers. Maybe just trying to save gas, either that or he thought it was Silent Sunday (it was actually the Sunday before).

Richard

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
FastrThnU said:
Saw something Sunday morning I hadn't seen before.

A roadie was riding his bike up the paved part of Telegraph pass as I was hiking up it. I thought that was odd considering how rough that pavement was...figured he was going to the end of the paved section and then would turn around and come back.

I continued hiking, got about 2/3 of the way up and saw him carrying his road bike up Telegraph. He was hike-a-biking up the trail to get to the road.

I got to the top and he met a friend at the top and then they rode up towards the towers. Maybe just trying to save gas, either that or he thought it was Silent Sunday (it was actually the Sunday before).

Richard
It wasn't me, but could have been. I do that sometimes with my cyclocross bike to shorten the South Mountain loop by avoiding the rez. Other times I even carry my mountain bike up there. But mostly I just sit around waiting for fall.

Once you get up the pass, in the morning most of the rest of the climb up the road to Buena Vista is in the shade.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.