Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Word on the street is that it actually gives you great power and modulation, but there was only one report of it being tried. The RL520 is a long pull lever and the road BB7 is a short pull caliper. Pulling more cable than necessary, but it might work this one time. Usually it just results in not being able to get enough leverage to use the brake properly. Try it and report back.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have tried this combo and it worked well for me. There is less mechanical advantage, but more feel. Plenty of power.

I liked this combo so much, that I put the BB7 road calipers on my Monocog Flight with Paul linear pull levers, just for the extra modulation.

To give you an idea of where I am coming from though, I think most disc systems have too much power. I always brake with one finger, and will always trade power for feel as long as there is enough power to stop.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I use the Cane Creek levers, which I think are the same. For me this works really good, enough power for any descent I can think of.
To give you an idea where I am coming from, I have used WTB rollercams a lot and have V-brakes on my singlespeed. The road BB7s work much better than the V-brakes, although I dont know whether they are better than the old WTB cams......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.