Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a creak that i'm trying to isolate. I'm at the point of using teflon tape on the BB. It's an XTR (generation before current) on a Ti frame. I typically use anti-sieze instead of grease and torque to specs. My question is, if I use teflon tape on the threads, do I still use anti-sieze as well? Also do the torque values change if I use teflon tape?
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
907 Posts
flipnidaho said:
I have a creak that i'm trying to isolate. I'm at the point of using teflon tape on the BB. It's an XTR (generation before current) on a Ti frame. I typically use anti-sieze instead of grease and torque to specs. My question is, if I use teflon tape on the threads, do I still use anti-sieze as well? Also do the torque values change if I use teflon tape?
Thanks in advance...
As you thread the cups into the shell, some of the teflon tape will get pushed back. So the Aluminum cup will be in contact with with the ti shell, at least a little bit. I think I would still use the anti-sieze along with the teflon tape. The regular torque spec should be okay, as long as you don't put the tape on too thick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.