Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Cool avatar, I've only been there once it's way out of my 5 mi. radius, but that place is great. We hit it up on our way home from ATT. Would be nice to go back and spend a whole day out there mucho stuff to do.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
From N.County...

I recently sold tires to a dude through a craigslist ad and he was telling me that TW was really close to my house(Del Mar). So I'm going to try and find it. Thanks for the info!

·
"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx
1,317 Posts
SDHucker858 said:
keep it on the down low man. i love that place.
that place is so known it could never be on the down low.

sure, you have to know somebody who also knows about it to find it but if the soccer moms can drop of their spawn there on any given weekend and pick them up later then the place is not that "secret"

YR

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went solo and spent just a little while there exploring and what not. I'm up for a ride whenever anyone wants to shuttle it. Seems like more of a "shuttle" place to me.

·
BM and PQ Trail Rep
1,936 Posts
Evil Chocula said:
There's a bunch of guys that heli-drop to the top of it, just to avoid the 20 minute peddle up.
Don't forget that in March 09 they are installing the high speed quad chair lift that will run from the ball field at Meadowbrook Middle School to the top. I hear they will only charge 25 dollars for an all day pass!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Evil Chocula said:
There's a bunch of guys that heli-drop to the top of it, just to avoid the 20 minute peddle up.
Or if you have ruby red 5:10's you just close your eyes as you click your heals while you chant "there's no place like the top" repeatedly till you're there. This may take longer than twenty minutes though. I think the heli-drop isn't as gay, but its a push cost wise between the helicopter and ruby red 5:10's. Both make equally as much sense if you"re to weak to pedal or walk your bike up to the top.

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,162 Posts
Cannon858 said:
Is there another name for the Ted Williams trail? I can't find it on www.mountainbikebill.com or on this site. Thanks
Thanks for the vote for assuming I got them all. I'll probably be 103 by the time I get around to riding all of the trails in San Diego County. Even then not all of them will be on the site ;)

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,855 Posts
Posted by Cannon858
From N.County, I was told to take 5S to 56E(Ted Williams Frwy). Then was told to exit a street that starts with a "P", and then park in a culdesac after taking a right onto a street that begins with "M". I recently sold tires to a dude through a craigslist ad and he was telling me that TW was really close to my house(Del Mar). So I'm going to try and find it. Thanks for the info!

Nice!
The cats out of the bag now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.