Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in excellent shape, and bike very often. But the only "trail" is rail trail, the nearest single track is 60km away. I manage once a week but my lack of technique is crippling me in the races. I am tentative on fast winding decents, and have trouble with quick banked turns, as i never encounter them in my regular rides.
I have the passion, the fitness, the bike the only thing i dont have is geography. Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
To practice the tight turns there's nothing preventing you from setting up some cans/plastic bottles in such a way that when you ride around them they mimic the tight turns. Can't hurt.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Verewolf said:
Racing.......What are you riding?
If you click my profile youll find it there, its a mid level racer. I also have all X.9,Truativ drivetrain in addition to the listed componenets. This was my first season, i do the south east ontario races, being Chico and Alpha races. I just got bumped to the next category too, and i dont think im ready for Senior Mens division.

This was supposed to go below freds

·
Probably drunk right now
6,753 Posts
Go ride...

-=Canuck=- said:
If you click my profile youll find it there, its a mid level racer. I also have all X.9,Truativ drivetrain in addition to the listed componenets. This was my first season, i do the south east ontario races, being Chico and Alpha races. I just got bumped to the next category too, and i dont think im ready for Senior Mens division.

This was supposed to go below freds
Go ride the trails along the escarpment in London. Or hit any of the ski hills along the escarpment. Obvioulsy not now but in the spring.

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
um

Ontario is 412,579 square miles. Surely you can find a hilly spot? Ken from KC had a good suggestion, but I don't know whre you live :rolleyes:
Furthest North to Furthest South
1050 miles.
Furthest East to Furthest West
1000 miles.
Jim

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
Move, eh! How many of us on this board live where we do because we love the riding in our area?

My only other suggestion would be to build yourself a course on some open lands, petition the park service to build a trail in your area or take frequent holidays to areas where you can bike a lot. MI, NY, VT and MN all have good trail systems.

Necessity is the Mother of Invention!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.