Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across this review over on pinkbike. There was a few of us wondering how the Rocco would perform on a sp design like the Prophet, for all around riding. Well, judging from this review and a couple of riders I have talked to, the Rocco seems to work fine on the Prophet. You just have to stay seated as much as possible. I provided a link, so you can read the entire review.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Cannondale-Prophet-4X-Review.html

VERDICT

The Cannondale 4X is the kind of bike we should all be riding. It is the most versatile type of bike you could buy. I'm no XC racer but I never felt it hold me back on the climbs and while my dirt jumping skills are pathetic I had more fun and confidence on this bike then any other I've been on. The best thing though is that when you point it down a trail its rips. It's not a DH bike but it feels very comfortable at speed and it can take a beating as good as any bike out there. If you are looking for a mid-travel bike the 4X should be on your short list especially if you are want something that might turn a few heads on the mountain.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/06/cusa/cats/mtn_bm_prophetMX.html

Regular Prophet = Lefty fork, with standard quick release rear end. No mounts for a chain guide. Standard air shock. More xc type build.

Prophet MX = Fox or Pike fork, Fox DHX air shock, or basic air shock. Thru 12 rear end. Generally stronger parts.

Prophet 4X = Marzocchi Rocco rear coil shock. Carbon lefty fork, Sram XO rear derailleur and shifter. Thru 12 rear.

The frames are almost identical. It is the parts and thru 12 rear that makes the bikes different.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ive been riding my Prophet 600 for more than a year now and i must say i have some serious doubts considering its "gravity-riding" capabilities . Its not so much the spec or the strength of the frame build but its geometry, especially height of the fork. The front end being low is surely an advantage when it comes to front wheel traction when cornering but can also be a big pain in the ass on steep descents (add the long wheelbase), rough transitions (drops, jumps) or during heavy braking...
I believe it can be a very versatile rig in hands of a seasoned gravity rider.... for ordinary folks I think its just a very capable trail bike.....probably the best one out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.