Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What, a Tour thread in MTBR? Sacrilege, you might say! Not so fast there, zippy. :nono:

Here's the guy that's gonna win:

That's Cadel Evans, Silence-Lotta team member, ridiculously fast mountain biker and all-around nice guy. :thumbsup:

My other prediction is CSC for most stage wins.

Anyone want to wager a bag of Doritos on a different outcome? :skep:

·
All my faucets is Moen.
1,293 Posts
Hell yeah!

Tour talk is great. Who else is talking Tour?

Menchov could get a podium finish as the new leader for last rears discrased Rabobank. Maybe not enough support with Oscar Freire out and Flecha and Dekker the strongest riding with him.

I guess we covered the top three favorites. I just don't watch enough cycling (there is no coverage around here except for the tour) to know the best young riders or who will be king of the mountains. For sprinting I guess we're looking at Boonen or Hushovd as usual.

However I do believe you are correct Garage Monster, CSC is looking good again. I'm a big fan of Zabriskie.

I've already planed to call in sick on the 23rd.

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Zabriskie will be riding with Garmin/slipstream/chipotle. But CSC will be very strong with the Schleck (sp?) brothers.

Boonen won't likely be on the starting line because he likes to put powder up his nose....

·
veldrijder
1,083 Posts
Zabriskie is not participating due to a health issue, but it is correct that he is now with Garmin/Chipotle-H3O not CSC (now CSC-Saxobank for the remainder of the season).

I'm on board with the Evans predictions, but hoping for a good showing by Menchov for the GC. I think KOM will be the most interesting competition this year with so many in both GC contention and outright climbing ability.

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
jmoote said:
Zabriskie is not participating due to a health issue, but it is correct that he is now with Garmin/Chipotle-H3O not CSC (now CSC-Saxobank for the remainder of the season).

I'm on board with the Evans predictions, but hoping for a good showing by Menchov for the GC. I think KOM will be the most interesting competition this year with so many in both GC contention and outright climbing ability.
I forgot about the Zabriskie/health thing and CSC's new sponsor.

So, how about we step it up and make jersey and team predicitions?

Yellow - Valvarde
Mountains - Soler (again)
Green - Gert Steegmans
White- No idea
Most Agressive - Voigt
Team - CSC Saxobank

·
X-Ray Guy
363 Posts
I think Columbia/High Road will be a force to deal with

I was upset to see Bennati will not be riding for Liquigas...hopefully they will still steal some stages, maybe another surprise like Tour De Suisse.

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
in a bout of blind nationalism i shall declare ryder victorious...if only for the bestest sponsor...its practically Doritos...

CHIPOTLE

failing that:
i hope that the ongoing uci/aso battle results in stage dives and fist shaking of the most erratic sort.
i hope allegations of powdered noses, cough syrup and cross dressing rule the pre/post stage festivities.
i hope that a small boy with chronic asthma and an ingrown fingernail (from the town of painfrancais) becomes the unwitting posterchild for cyclists (worldwide) that urinate in their chamois.

·
All my faucets is Moen.
1,293 Posts
bigwheelboy_490 said:
So, how about we step it up and make jersey and team predicitions?

Yellow - Valvarde
Mountains - Soler (again)
Green - Gert Steegmans
White- No idea
Most Agressive - Voigt
Team - CSC Saxobank
Yellow - Sastre (CSC)
Green - Oscar Freire (Rabobank)
Mountains - Oscar Pereiro (Caisse d'Epargne)
White - Andy Schleck (CSC)
Team - CSC-Saxo

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yellow - Evans (Silence)
Mountains - Soler (Barloworld)
Green - Bennati (Liquigas)
White-
Most Agressive - Andy Schleck (CSC) -They are gonna send him up to mix it up to take pressure off Sastre
Team - CSC - Silence. CSC is gonna have a number of riders up there, but if Evans wins his team must've supported well...

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't forget, coverage on Versus/OLN starts bright and early Saturday morning at 8AM. (I prefer the morning broadcast to the evening: more Phil, less Bob.)

Can't wait! :D

·
Looking for Adventure
1,060 Posts
The leader will be the one that gets disqualified for doping, just like last year. So, I predict the one that finishes in 2nd place will win ! Or maybe 3rd........
The TdF has become a political circus, quite entertaining I might add.

I would like to watch Ryder, but I doubt he will get much media coverage.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'll be cheering for Hesjedal from Victoria Canada. I'll be there waving the Canada flag with my buddy. We've got a package deal, all inclusive and a day to ride stage 17 including L'Alpe-d'Huez.

For anyone watching stage 17 on the 23rd, well be at the finish line with the red and white flags.

·
Bored
1,982 Posts
Ricksom said:
The leader will be the one that gets disqualified for doping, just like last year.

I would like to watch Ryder, but I doubt he will get much media coverage.
Ryder has been mentioned several times in the first 3 days. Bob Roll seems to be a fan.

Also, Contador wasn't dq'd for doping. It was Landis that was DQ'd. Did you know his positive test in France wouldn't consititue a positive test in Australia?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.