Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
No, not flaunt..

RetroG said:
I suppose this would be to flaunt LA's accomplishment. Sheeesh. No wonder the rest of the world hates us.
No this would be to commemorate Lance's accomplishment. And personally, I don't give a crap what the rest of the world thinks about me.

·
Registered
255 Posts
6 Tour de France wins is quite the accomplishment.

RetroG said:
I suppose this would be to flaunt LA's accomplishment. Sheeesh. No wonder the rest of the world hates us.
Who wouldn't want to flaunt it? I don't think it's a "Lance Armstrong, THE AMERICAN, won 6 in a row", it's a "Lance Armstrong, who overcame cancer, won 6 in a row" thing.

American or not, winning 6 TdFs in a row is definitely something to flaunt.

·
Registered
111 Posts
RetroG said:
Dude, your self-hatred cracks me up.

I don't know what it's like in MD, but invariably here in the bay area after an international competition of any sort there'll be this little hyundai excel (I swear they all take turns in it...) packe with at least18 young (teen-25) males of the same nationality of the victorious team. They honk, they flash their brights, they wave flags, they hang half way out the window screaming...god-knows-what in their native tongue. Nationalism, patriotism call it what you want, but we're not the only ones that have it. Apparently, to you, we're the only ones that should be ashamed of it.

A TEAM of our countrymen destroyed the competition, and set a new standard for dominance in their field. I'm going to celebrate it. Call it what you will.

~Drew

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RetroG -NASCAR-I suppose this would be to flaunt LA's accomplishment. Sheeesh. No wonder the rest of the world hates us.
I liked this hat because it didn't look like a NASCAR hat. Black w/ a yellow 6.
And there is basically no one around who would know what the heck it was anyways.
So would they hate me for wearing black hats?
Spain made these huge yellow hands with each finger having a year that Miguel Indurain won. So do I hate them? No, I freakin' bought it and put it in Mantown.

RetroG -Why are you wearing the hat?
I'm not wearing the hat, looking were to buy it. Pay attention if you are going to gripe.

I'll beat you to your next one:
Q: Why do you want it?
A: Because

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dreamerof1 said:
A TEAM of our countrymen destroyed the competition, and set a new standard for dominance in their field. I'm going to celebrate it. Call it what you will.
Actually, only three of the nine US Postal team in the TdF were American. The rest were Spanish, Portugese, Russian, or Czech.

Beyond that... I don't see anything wrong with the "6" hat. It's an accomplishment. People are proud of LA. Might as well berate people who were sports jerzeys of their favorite athletes, or better yet, people who wear the t-shirts for their fave teams when those teams win the Stanley Cup/Super Bowl/World Series/etc etc etc.

·
Registered
111 Posts
RetroG said:
Countrymen? Which country? US, Czech Rep., Spain, Portugal or Russia?
Symantics...if you had a substantive arguement to make you would have. 3 countrymen all 9 representing the US postal service.

Drew

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dreamerof1 said:

~Drew
This is funny... This is like saying we have the best hockey teams in the world and then wondering why we usually get spanked in the Olympics...

The only American thing about U.S. Postal was the American money funding it and Lance....

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
round00 said:
This is funny... This is like saying we have the best hockey teams in the world and then wondering why we usually get spanked in the Olympics...

The only American thing about U.S. Postal was the American money funding it and Lance....
Friend of Retro?

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
dan(YELL) said:
..can we get this post back on track and find me the damn hat!

My Patriots - Super Bowl 38 champs hat is getting worn out!!
Good luck, they're looking for it over on the RBR site too. If it's out there, my wife will find it, she wants one too. She is the master of internet shopping. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.