Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to place an order at CRC im choosing the free shipping method. i live in ontario canada how much am i looking to pay at the door? generally. my order total is $254 and here is what im purchasing : chain cassette brake cables derailer cables right hand shifter 2 tires ( wire bead ) BB tool crank puller rim tape grips brake caliper and rotar handlebars thank you !

·
The joy of ski is Yours
1,367 Posts
Depends on Canadian Customs - since it's around 250 likely there'll be no duty fee. Double or triple that amount or order wood and there will be duty.

Anyone know the Commodity Code for a bike with a frame made of Bamboo??

·
Registered
215 Posts
There's no duty on bike parts. Duty applied to complete bikes, frames and complete wheel sets, tools, clothing and accessories also. You may get hit with taxes depends on the post office. It's listed on the gov't website, google it.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
It will be 13% taxes plus a $9 fee. No duty.
It's a toss up if they will charge - but I'd guess you will get charged.

I had 5-8 orders come in around Christmas and all but one got hit with taxes. Just had a new frame arrive last Friday and no taxes. You just never know.
I've got a $150 order on it's way, hoping it will arrive by Friday. Naturally ordered it the day before they announced the St. Patrick's day discount.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I ordered a xt cassette some foam grips and some mtb shoes. got hit with 40.00. assuming this was due to the shoes not being "a bike part"

total bill was 200 plus the 40 after. I should fight that one. that almost 25%

·
Registered
656 Posts
Not easy to find bike parts online in Canada, especially if you're looking for something specific. I've ordered a set of tire, plus few other items and had to pay taxe and duty. My package was also in duty for almost 2 weeks! Last budget, federal gov cut down duty on sports good except for bicycle… That's too bad!
Keep your money in your own country

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
666 Posts
I bought a new set of brakes, rotors and some other goodies for about $300.......I paid a fee of $35 ish to get my box of goodies from Canada post.....still much er cheaper than any other source here in Canada.

My buddy orders a lost of stuff online and he says getting extra charges is hit and miss......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts