Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
taTegOi
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will order a Taurine SL frameset. Has anybody already get one? Are there any Pics out there (except these on the CD website) When does the delivery starts?

greetingd
Martin

·
Registered
223 Posts
I ordered mine back in November, complete bike team replica model

The ship date has been FEB14th since I ordered and it has not changed but we will see. Hopefully I can get an update sometime next week

·
Registered
45 Posts
just today i saw the first Cannondale Taurine Carbon 2 SL arrive at my LBS (Gent Belgium)
one of the first to show in the country here :) !!

I guess your orders should be comming in soon :)
I 'm considering of buying the (european) Cannondale Taurine 1
http://www.radsport-biking.de/2007taurine1.htm
who can explain the diff with the other taurines ? (except the obvious lefty ofcourse)
So why is is marked as XC in the catalog and not XCracing as are the other taurines...

my LBS dealer adviced me that the carbon HT frame should ride more comfi then the alu version... can anyone confirm this ?

many thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
as soon as mine gets in you can expect a full reprot on the build with as a ton of pics and weights.

Ship date has moved from feb 14th to march 3rd, i am hoping it doesn't get moved back again.

·
Registered
223 Posts
michelefiorentin said:
hi,
thanks i hope yu'll get your bike asap for the joy of the forumers...
anyway it's evident that cannondale is in trouble with the taurine delivery..
does it ready for the 2008 model??
why it's soo late?:madmax:

ciao
its not too late, most people don't even race until april. I didn't get my rush frame untill mid april last year so for the taurine to come in march, i would be very pleased.

there is always some issues with getting the new models out. in this case c-dale is just being sure the bike is absolutely perfect and is worthy of the logo and lifetime warranty.

the carbon rushes moved out in decemebr and most of them out by january. so they did great with those bikes this year, but for the us they really aren't forcasting too many sales on the taurine but hopefully i can change that.

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
michelefiorentin said:
hi, I am not a racer, but a weekend biker. Do you think taurine it's a good choice for me or the issue related to carbon don't fit to me??
I don't see carbon being an issue but it depends where you ride, what kind of trails and how you ride it. Does the bike riding characteristics fit you and your trails?

·
Registered
91 Posts
good question

well i expected this..

well i would like to know issues of carbon frames, I was wondering about this aspect while I was fixing a front deraillator to my alu bike...
I was thinking how deliate carbon iber can be.
Eve a fall or a stone can crack the fibers and cause a suddent structural faliure..:sad:

Is this s a risk a "normal " bike should deal with??:eekster:

·
Registered
109 Posts
ribisl said:
I will order a Taurine SL frameset. Has anybody already get one? Are there any Pics out there (except these on the CD website) When does the delivery starts?

greetingd
Martin
Hi Martin,

are you from Germany? Did you speak with your LBS? So you should know, that there will be no Taurine Framesets available in 2007, because the Taurine bikes are 6 times overbooked and CD gives first priority to complete bikes.

·
taTegOi
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will post some pics tomorrow, because in Munic is a sport fair, where Cannondale take part and there was one.
But I´m really astonished, because the CD guy told that there is no problem to get a Taurine frameset in L in Germany and Austria. There are many in stock, he says:???: And M will be available in March????
I can´t follow the CD strategy:madmax: . I´m disappointed, everybody told me something different......and now I believe nobody.......

·
Registered
223 Posts
ribisl said:
I will post some pics tomorrow, because in Munic is a sport fair, where Cannondale take part and there was one.
But I´m really astonished, because the CD guy told that there is no problem to get a Taurine frameset in L in Germany and Austria. There are many in stock, he says:???: And M will be available in March????
I can´t follow the CD strategy:madmax: . I´m disappointed, everybody told me something different......and now I believe nobody.......
but how can you be sure everyone else wasn't right and this guy wasn't wrong? Just work with you bike shop they should have the real truth and be honest since they want your money and repeat business.

MINE HAS SHIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also ordered a taurine team paint. I was expecting the bike today, but was told the delivery was now being delayed until the end of March. Cannondale seems to do that a lot. I am sure the March delivery date will be pushed well into mid April. I was told there are several available in the black paint job that are ready for delivery. I was not willing to make a compromise on the color after spending half of my yearly salary on this bike.

·
Registered
223 Posts
iguy02 said:
I also ordered a taurine team paint. I was expecting the bike today, but was told the delivery was now being delayed until the end of March. Cannondale seems to do that a lot. I am sure the March delivery date will be pushed well into mid April. I was told there are several available in the black paint job that are ready for delivery. I was not willing to make a compromise on the color after spending half of my yearly salary on this bike.
Are you in europe? I would doubt that there a lot of either paint scheme waiting to be bought. When did you order yours?

·
Registered
791 Posts
iguy02 said:
My local shop just got their first Taurine in yesterday (could have been yours iguy!!)). It is in the Team paint scheme and looks AWESOME! The top tube/headtube junction looks nice and meaty like the System Six, and it is LIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! Much nicer in person!

·
Registered
223 Posts
trauma-md said:
My local shop just got their first Taurine in yesterday (could have been yours iguy!!)). It is in the Team paint scheme and looks AWESOME! The top tube/headtube junction looks nice and meaty like the System Six, and it is LIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! Much nicer in person!
how light?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.