Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I was offerd Rock Shox Lyrik U-turn 2009 with taper steerer. I have got frame with normal head size 1.1/8 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 2007. Is there any way I can fit that fork in my frame?Mayby special steers or new steer tube for RS. Thanks for help.

Marek

·
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
8,847 Posts
Joules said:
You'd need to replace the steer/crown/stanchion assembly; which wouldn't be cheap. No other way you could use that fork with your frame.
Yep, so unless you are getting a deal for cheap enough to offset the price of having to get a new crown/stanchion assembly, it ain't worth it.

BTW, that fork at full travel might be a might bit tall on the front of that Stumpy, as well as totally voiding your warranty by running too tall a fork. Assuming you leave it at 160mm.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
i had to pass up a brand new 2010 tapered lyrik on ebay for $475 because i couldn't use it. sure would've liked that price, though. i guess resale on something like that sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.