Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doh! :madman: I forgot to measure the dimensions of the taper required to fit the Padloc grips before cutting my bar down and throwing away the cut off pieces.

Could someone please measure their bar and let me know how far from the end of the bar the taper starts and how much of the diameter of the end of the bar the taper removes?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
No offense, but why would you disfigure the bars after you managed to get rid of it and cut the padloc "system" off?

At least now you can use any grip you want without those bar plugs.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
No offense, but why would you disfigure the bars after you managed to get rid of it and cut the padloc "system" off?

Because variety is the spice of life? Who cares if someone runs them, my bars are padloc cut but I run Single clamp Ergon GE1's without the plug.

I really like the Pivot padloc grips, size and texture is perfect. They just tear really really easily!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I didn't cut the bar down because I don't like the Padloc grips. I actually like them a lot. I cut the bar down because it was too wide.

Since cutting it I've run Ergon, Oury and Deity grips. Oury have been my "go to" grip for years now but I decided I like the Pacloc just a little bit more so I'd like to be able to go back to them.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I didn't cut the bar down because I don't like the Padloc grips. I actually like them a lot. I cut the bar down because it was too wide.

Since cutting it I've run Ergon, Oury and Deity grips. Oury have been my "go to" grip for years now but I decided I like the Pacloc just a little bit more so I'd like to be able to go back to them.
Park tools makes a cutting jig for the padloc cut. Most shops don't have the jig but most do have the clamp the jig fits into. If you want a perfect cut its worth grabbing one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.