Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
airmiller44 said:
Tried Emailing MTBR. they really should make it compatible for tapatalk forum reader. that would be great but i didnt even get a reply ?

Anyone else interested in surfing in ease on your mobile phone ? this would be sweet on my droid x
I second this. They should also make some really cool MTBR.COM pocket protectors.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,871 Posts
Umm...i surf mtbr all the time with my droid x (like right now)

·
Administrator
11,804 Posts
I am going to copy this to the site issues/feedback forum and send a note to gregg (site admin) for you.

Also consider that MTBR has something like a quarter million users, of which I bet at least 100,000 are active in some capacity you can understand why the forum can be slow and why the V-bulletin is hard to upgrade.

·
Got a suspension fork
2,458 Posts
rockcrusher said:
I am going to copy this to the site issues/feedback forum and send a note to gregg (site admin) for you.

Also consider that MTBR has something like a quarter million users, of which I bet at least 100,000 are active in some capacity you can understand why the forum can be slow and why the V-bulletin is hard to upgrade.
That many users, it sure sounds like a lot of ad revenue... Should be able to upgrade if it were a priority.

·
Administrator
11,804 Posts
randyharris said:
That many users, it sure sounds like a lot of ad revenue... Should be able to upgrade if it were a priority.
Well as i am not privy to the financial fillings of MTBR.com I can only say that maintaining a website isn't something you just quickly change. It is something that takes a long time, a lot of server space and the transition is difficult.

I have been using gawker media websites for quite some time and they have just implemented a site wide change to their format and it has proved to be very glitchy and unnerving to a lot of the users and it is predominately a webzine over a fully functioning Forum.

Not to mention that clairvoyance is never a good way to assess what someone is doing behind the scenes of a resource you enjoy.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
38,871 Posts
airmiller44 said:
I am also. The point in an app is its east of use and its faster than full browser that loads things you don't need
The ONLY reason I'd want an app for it is so I can post pictures directly from my droidx, otherwise I'd rather have the flexibility of my browser, as I usually check some other websites, and I don't agree that it's "faster", if the only thing I did with my phone is check mtbr then maybe, but I am totally against software and hardware that offers marginal benefits. Sometimes apps work great, sometimes they are more "gee-whiz" and offer little benefit.

·
sandbagger
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
QUOTE=Jayem]The ONLY reason I'd want an app for it is so I can post pictures directly from my droidx, otherwise I'd rather have the flexibility of my browser, as I usually check some other websites, and I don't agree that it's "faster", if the only thing I did with my phone is check mtbr then maybe, but I am totally against software and hardware that offers marginal benefits. Sometimes apps work great, sometimes they are more "gee-whiz" and offer little benefit.[/QUOTE]

Its open software so if its designed correctly its easier and faster. It wouldnt load the full webpage and display all these pictures etc that you dont want/need to see on a cell phone. its one touch buttons vs. loggin in clicking through the site it would have a simple features instead of too many options. go to marketplace and look at tapatalk and you will understand.

it has a browser and flash so you can do pretty much anything but its not a computer and thats the point of an app. but its not that fast its on verizon. and maybe that would help with speeding up the site if everyones phones were not pulling useless adds etc.

half of the apps could be accessed through a browser once again it has flash you could go to every site or have a quick press app............. maybe your thinking your phone is a desktop the point isnt to use a browser unless you have to.:madman:

Simple analogy[/U][/I][/I][/B][/B]GMAIL you have to have it in order to use your phone.

Would you really rather go to gmail.com and login or just press the gmail icon and use the simple version that syncs and directly alerts you of incoming messages.

and if you say browser theres no point in continuing the convo.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
airmiller44 said:
QUOTE=Jayem]The ONLY reason I'd want an app for it is so I can post pictures directly from my droidx, otherwise I'd rather have the flexibility of my browser, as I usually check some other websites, and I don't agree that it's "faster", if the only thing I did with my phone is check mtbr then maybe, but I am totally against software and hardware that offers marginal benefits. Sometimes apps work great, sometimes they are more "gee-whiz" and offer little benefit.
Its open software so if its designed correctly its easier and faster. It wouldnt load the full webpage and display all these pictures etc that you dont want/need to see on a cell phone. its one touch buttons vs. loggin in clicking through the site it would have a simple features instead of too many options. go to marketplace and look at tapatalk and you will understand.

it has a browser and flash so you can do pretty much anything but its not a computer and thats the point of an app. but its not that fast its on verizon. and maybe that would help with speeding up the site if everyones phones were not pulling useless adds etc.

half of the apps could be accessed through a browser once again it has flash you could go to every site or have a quick press app............. maybe your thinking your phone is a desktop the point isnt to use a browser unless you have to.:madman:

Simple analogy[/U][/I][/I][/B][/B]GMAIL you have to have it in order to use your phone.

Would you really rather go to gmail.com and login or just press the gmail icon and use the simple version that syncs and directly alerts you of incoming messages.

and if you say browser theres no point in continuing the convo.[/QUOTE]
How can we take any thing you write about this subject seriously if you can't even figure out how to use the goofy bracket thingies to make words bold?

·
sandbagger
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
skinny-tire said:

How can we take any thing you write about this subject seriously if you can't even figure out how to use the goofy bracket thingies to make words bold?[/QUOTE]

OMG how dare I forget to delete the bold italic and underline encrypting ! let those 5 characters ruin the post.

[/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B]

·
sandbagger
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
skinny-tire said:

How can we take any thing you write about this subject seriously if you can't even figure out how to use the goofy bracket thingies to make words bold?[/QUOTE]

OMG how dare I forget to delete the bold italic and underline encrypting ! let those 5 characters ruin the post.

[/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B]

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
airmiller44 said:
How can we take any thing you write about this subject seriously if you can't even figure out how to use the goofy bracket thingies to make words bold?

[/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/U][/I][/I][/B][/B][/QUOTE]
YOUR COMPUTER SKILLS SUCK<angry face>

·
sandbagger
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
skinny-tire said:

YOUR COMPUTER SKILLS SUCK<angry face>[/QUOTE]

You still quoted it wrong airmiller44 didn't say that. Skinny did

Either way we both suck there its over back to topic

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.