Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently live in Washington and have an opportunity to move down to the Tampa area in January. I'm not 100% sure where specifically yet, but in that area. Where I live now there's tons of great riding anywhere from an hour to two away and I'm fine with that. I was browsing around the forum some and was checking in to what kind of riding you guys have in the area. Whats worth hitting on the weekends within a reasonable drive. Nothing needs to be in city limits or anything, but I'm willing to put up with my current drive to hit some good trails. I'm pretty open any kind of riding I just like to ride. I just hope there's plenty to ride down there and any input is really appreciated. Thanks for your time fellas.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check Traillink.com click on mountain biking and then Florida and it will list the trails in Florida. I live north of Orlando and I ride the Santos Bike Trail system. Alafia State Park in Lithia, Fl is supposed to be one of the top trail sites in the state. Around 20 miles of trails according to the website.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hands down.....

Best riding in the entire state. Tampa area has balm Boyette, Alafia, Carter Road. Further north you have Croom, San Falesco and Santos. No big mtns, a few have sustained climbing ( San Falesco). You will not get any better in the state.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Best riding in the entire state. Tampa area has balm Boyette, Alafia, Carter Road. Further north you have Croom, San Falesco and Santos. No big mtns, a few have sustained climbing ( San Falesco). You will not get any better in the state.
This.

I live in Tampa and frequent most of the trails above. Mainly I ride the Wilderness Trails (15 mile loop of easy XC style trails, and very flat) since I can reach them by bike. Boyette, Alafia, and Carter are all within a 30-45 min drive. I have yet to make it to Croom, Santos, or San Falesco but I will someday!

·
Addicted to Dirt
674 Posts
While there is decent riding in the area (as stated above) it will never compare to the PNW (in riding and other outdoor activities if you're into any).

I would say if you must relocate due to your career you will definitely have riding opportunities here (plus year round riding). But if riding etc... is a priority in your life, stay where you are.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
That's why we have airplanes.....

While there is decent riding in the area (as stated above) it will never compare to the PNW (in riding and other outdoor activities if you're into any).

I would say if you must relocate due to your career you will definitely have riding opportunities here (plus year round riding). But if riding etc... is a priority in your life, stay where you are.
Although I would love to live in PNC, BC, Colorado, NC....my business requires me to be here. So the next nest alternative is to travel a few times a year to go mtn biking. So far I have been to: Whistler, lake tahoe, Red Rocks, North Carolina, Georgia, Jamaica, Moab. I still have a few more places to go on the list....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts