Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where are the highend mountain bike dealers in tampa bay...i don't want to go to any places that sell the low end stuff....please help i'm headin up their today at like 2, and i'm afraid that when i use the dealer locator i'll be getting any place that sells trek, etc but the low end versions of it...

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Head to AJ Barnes in Brandon. They are awesome!! They sell Santa Cruz and Ellsworth on the higher end and they also sell Giant. They are the best shop I've dealt with, and I've dealt with a lot!!

http://www.ajbarnesbrandon.com/index.shtml

I ride with some of these guys and also photograph some on the trails. They are a bunch of great guys. No nonsense, great service, best prices around!!

Don

·
Registered
568 Posts
tampa shops

I saw a Santa Cruz Blur at AJ Barnes a couple of weeks ago. Oliver's had an expensive new Fuel 100 yesterday and some Kona bikes. University Bike has Specialized and Cannondale. Carrollwood has Trek, Gary Fisher and Santa Cruz. Bike Works in Brandon has a couple of Gary Fisher Cakes and a Sugar.

Sorry for the advertising here ... but I'm gonna be selling my Trek Fuel 100 (270 miles, 2003 model year, all carbon frame, XT build kit, hayes disc brakes) in the next couple of weeks. It would be most excellent to sell it locally (as compared to EBay). If y'all know anyone interested locally, please let me know! It will be a reasonable price, not sure how much yet.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Flatwoods

Hey Max99 ... hope you are enjoying your new Fuel bike!

Have you ridden Flatwoods in the last week? Its quite the muddy, wet, humid, hot, mosquito-ridden experience right now. Kind of like riding through a swamp in some places (which, in reality, I guess it is just that - a swamp).

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Sorry, I think I misread the original post. I thought you didn't want a Trek, but I guess you just don't want a low end Trek.

So, my original recommendation stands, AJ Barnes is great, but also, as noted above. Oliver's is excellent if you want a Trek, Kona, GF. I got my first 2 bikes there, both Trek's. Mike, Mike and Brian are great guys and won't steer you wrong.

Suicyco - Don't have the Trek anymore, have a Giant VT now. Wanted a bit plusher ride. As for Flatwoods, it is WET WET WET!!! Rode out there on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Everything is pretty wet, and I'm sure it isn't getting any drier, as it has continued raining the past 2 days. Mosquitoes are bad!! Yeah, it is indeed a swamp!! But it is the closest thing to home, so what can you do? I'm hitting Boyette and Croom on Sat and Sunday!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts