Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday I rode up to the Blue Pool with my friend and my son. We haven't ridden together in a long while. I showed them Tamolitch Falls, someone there said they hike there all the time, Tamolitch Falls has been dry for 15 years or so.

We drank a few cold ones and I took lots of pics. We ran into a lot of hikers there to see the rare specticle. Everyone was cool. Maybe it was the cool weather and warm sunshine.

Pics.............

Yesterday at Tamlolitch Falls. The Blue Pool is always there, the falls are rarely seen.

Ice cold, Andy brought two in a ziplock with ice. I love PBR.

Blue Pool of the McKenzie River, when it's sunny its very blue.

I've never seen so many people at the Blue Pool

Blue Pool trail head parking, usually only a few, everyone wanted to see Tamolitch Falls

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tamolitch Falls at the brink

We like to explore the cliffs near the Falls, the water is so clear an inviting. Water is being released from Carmen that's why the Falls are flowing, it almost never happens. Few get to see such a sight at the Blue Pool

Pics...........

My son Shane, riding with him is almost as rare as these falls

Andys a car mechanic and biker, I like his new tats. Just above the falls

Shane and Andy at the brink of Tamolitch Falls

Side view of Tamolitch Falls

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meat sacks and more beer after

We rode down to Deer Creek to the car. I lit the hobo stove with scrap wood I brought. We really enjoyed the meat sacks. They were better than normal at six bucks a four pak.

Deer Creek hot spring was flooded with icy water from the Mckenzie. My dog got in a fight with another dog sniffing around our meat sacks.

Pics..............

Hobo stove, meat sack cooking after the ride

Two each wasn't enough, they were delicious

Deer Creek hot spring flooded yesterday.

Deer Creek hot spring March 05

The only pic I took of my fixie all day, near Deer Creek hot spring

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts